shooter pro shop prices

Nah, I think there was too much of a demand for 2nds. Plus, I think Justin said 1st's will be going up in price also. Buy what you want now, before they jump. At least that is what I am going to do. Scotty

We saw a ten percent jump on all bullets/ammunition here in Canada last month. This was across the board. There are massive demands for copper in China and India, and we shooters are competing for what is becoming an increasingly scarce commodity.

well, if the prices hold there is definitely cheaper places to purchase 1sts than getting the 2nds from sps.

What we are seeing is inflation, its everywhere.

JD338

Still sucks though. Especially when your pay does not increase with the inflation.

Corey

As soon as Congress raises the debt limit and the Fed buys up more debt in order to stimulate the economy, prices will again begin an upward march. The world-wide demand for base metals coupled with the printing of money by the government ensures these increases. Demand is generated by expansion of production in Asia and South Asia and the dollar is consistently devalued, which is expressed through inflation of prices. I could not have imagined that the Canadian dollar would be worth $1.06 US as it was earlier this week. It does seem wise to keep a supply of brass and an assortment of premium jacketed bullets on hand as anticipated. They won't lose value over the coming several years.

Glad I started stocking up several years ago. They way things are going with my shooting, I probably will not have to buy any more bullets the rest of my life, unless I buy a caliber I don't already have. My current Nosler rifle & handgun bullet inventory is at 15K.

Scrap copper here is now $2.75 a pound. The thieves have even stole copper gutters from schools and homes. A while back one of them attempted to steal metal from a power transfer site and got fired. One loser out of the gene pool.
Russ

Might have to buy 50 or so brass for my 7mmMauser,but I'm good on 7mm bullets. I've got about a little over 2000 7mm bullets of a few different brands and they should last me awhile. with copper being up at the scrap yard,the theives around here in the country are stealing copper lines that run from the propane tank to the house. I got something for them if I catch them at my place. From what I hear is if you do alot of shooting,then you better stock up now before the prices get to where we can't shoot anymore. I've got a few hundred of Nosler 2nds and the rest of my bullets are 1sts.

7mm's Forever and a 30 cal. will "Slam Dunk Um"

Richracer1":1anwm56z said:
Glad I started stocking up several years ago. They way things are going with my shooting, I probably will not have to buy any more bullets the rest of my life, unless I buy a caliber I don't already have. My current Nosler rifle & handgun bullet inventory is at 15K.
So thats why I can never find bullets, and Nosler's sold out. Richracer1 has it all!! lol :lol:

MaineGuide35":zc6ek48n said:
Richracer1":zc6ek48n said:
So thats why I can never find bullets, and Nosler's sold out. Richracer1 has it all!! lol :lol:

Rich is the smart one! I bought a bunch also, but now where near that amount. Scotty

I have a enough Nosler PT's to last my lifetime, as well as 180 gr 308 and 7mm bullets. I will have to do some trading in the 7mm. however because I have a couple of thousand in the 139-154 class and I shoot the heavier ones in my STW and 280's. I do not have enough 45 APC's however I have a small stash of loaded ammo. I hate loading for it as my Herters single stage is big and bulky for the 45 auto. If I keep buying 45-70s I will have to get some more of those.

Speaking of 45-70's did you receive your newest member of the family yet? Scotty

MaineGuide35":16rlb95n said:
Richracer1":16rlb95n said:

Now wait a minute :twisted: , I'm not the the reason they don't have any for you. The bulk of the 15K inventory was bought from 2005 to 2009. I've only picked up a few bags here and there since, such as 7mm 140ET 338 Accubonds, and 44 cal 200 & 240 bullets.

Oh I guess powder and primer shortages are to be blamed on me as well, since I'm good to go on them too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rich, you were definitely ahead of us on the power curve for buying up stock of the bullets you need. I am glad I don't shoot a huge volume of bullets. I have enough on the bench to last me and I still buy them as I find deals. Luckily, primers and powders are back in force, for now. Scotty

beretzs":2o000f8m said:
Rich, you were definitely ahead of us on the power curve for buying up stock of the bullets you need. I am glad I don't shoot a huge volume of bullets. I have enough on the bench to last me and I still buy them as I find deals. Luckily, primers and powders are back in force, for now. Scotty

Here in Idaho Falls, ID, powder seems to be available, but Fed GM type rifle primers are still hard to find.

Seems at my local gun pusher, there are tons of variety. Nice to have some choices nowadays! Scotty

Good going RR. Bullets dont go bad with time. I hope Nosler will see that the price increse is a little to much and sales will be down. Thus bring the price down.
Russ

Back