Snagged a Dream Gun

RL338

Handloader
Mar 23, 2017
Last night I bought a Weatherby Mark V Accumark CFP on GB. I’ve learn many members on here have their favorites from #1s to Winchesters , mine is Weatherbys. I’ve been searching for one of these for a long time , eventually I had bought a Savage Striker to fill that void , no more.
It is chambered in 243 Win. With mailing payment and shipping I’ll not see it for a while.
IMG_4291.png

We all have our "dream" firearms.
May we all acquire them at some point!
Congrats on getting yours!
Hope you enjoy it!

Very cool, congratulations.
Got any plans for it?

JD338
Funny you ask. This morning I was back on SPS looking for some 6mm bullets. I have around 2000 6mm target bullets , nothing that will work in its twist rate.
It’s just going to be a paper plinker.
I believe the Accumark model was only built in 2000 making them hard to find.

I had a chance at two of the Weatherby pistols about 15-20 years ago.
In retrospect, I should have looked harder at them, not realizing how rare and unique they are.

Good for you!
I have thought about those, and the Kimber, but have not jumped on any of them

Congratulations on getting to scratch that itch. You are going to enjoy the heck out of it.

No firearm in hand yet but I threw a few rounds together for it. Brass and the 70gr BT bullets are from SPS. I going to try HBN on this round , hopefully I get it right this time. I brushed the inside of the necks and they seated smoothly.
Powder choice I made is IMR 3031 for a full burn in the 15” barrel , looking to get in the 3000-3100 fps range.
IMG_4332.jpeg

Awesome hand cannon, congratulations.
Looking forward to hearing from you with a range report.

JD338

The other day I strapped on the Magnetospeed to see how the 70gr BT did with IMR3031. I loaded from 37-41 grains , never saw any pressure. I think the HBN helped with that.
IMG_4345.jpeg
I loaded the rest of the box at 40grs , no need to beat the brass on first firing. I was hoping for 3000-3100 with the 15” barrel. When I get around to the second firing I’ll sneak up the charge to find max , for now I’m content with 3120.

The other day I strapped on the Magnetospeed to see how the 70gr BT did with IMR3031. I loaded from 37-41 grains , never saw any pressure. I think the HBN helped with that.
View attachment 21738
I loaded the rest of the box at 40grs , no need to beat the brass on first firing. I was hoping for 3000-3100 with the 15” barrel. When I get around to the second firing I’ll sneak up the charge to find max , for now I’m content with 3120.
Very nice buddy. I'm confident you will have it shooting in no time.

JD338

IMG_4360.jpeg
Now it’s finished. When weather cooperates I’ll get the scope zeroed.

Back