Someone needs to buy this so I stop looking at it!

Elkman":25g0bwtv said:
Why would anyone sell a REMINGTON, to buy a winchester? :roll:

NICE. But stand by for flames from the Winchester gang. :grin:

Guy

Elkman":1duc9nnp said:
Why would anyone sell a REMINGTON, to buy a winchester? :roll:

Where is Scottie! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I don't need to buy it, mine looks "identical"! Mine is an older push feed. I like the Remington 700 Classic and these Mod 70 FWTS...my favorite rifles to hunt with!

No one has even bid on it yet. I was thinking about a $500 bid. Surely I wouldn't win...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a really sweet rifle but I've never heard of this 30-06 :lol:

G series Classic and man it looks pretty good but I wouldn't even know what to do with that cartridge??? Any good for varmints or maybe coyotes?

That's a sweetheart CL. I'd like one of those someday myself. Love those Savages.

Well the $500 bid went through, but...

Not Successful!
You are the high bidder for this item but your maximum bid is below the seller's Reserve Price.
You cannot win this item unless you place a bid that meets or exceeds the seller's Reserve Price.

Oh well! It doesn't tell me what the reserve is...and I'm not going to keep throwing money at it to figure it out.

Back in the day, my uncle killed numerous elk with a 250 Savage lever action just like the one pictured. Several of these elk were apparently running when they were killed. I can also remember it being used at night with a light from the second story of the farm house to reduce crop predation on my grandpa's cranberry farm. This was a different time, millions of acres of big timber and dark dank forests,were adjacent to agricultural fields. It had to have been in the early 50's , and my memory of those times is not as good as it should be.

I used to have an elderly gent in my church who used a Mod 99 in 250/3000 as his only rifle. he grew up over in Star Valley, WY. He had some pretty impressive elk racks over his garage!

Back