Talley mounts

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
Gonna get some Talleys for a few things I'm doing what height do I need for a Z3 42mm on a 700 and a pair of Conquests on M70 44mm obj. Thanks

I like Talley mounts a lot. I don't believe you will have a problem with them holding up.

The 44mm Conquest on my M70 required medium Leupold rings, but the medium Talleys I have measure exactly the same height as the medium Leupolds - 0.500". Low Leupolds did not work, but then again, low Talleys sit about 0.070" higher than low Leupolds if I remember correctly... I also have a 42mm Diavari on a 700 in low Talleys, no problem there.

For what it's worth. :)

I just received my Talley rings & was advised by the dealer that Talley lows fit up to 42mm objective.
Hope that helps you :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Got them lows work fine. I actually really like the way it looks and I love how simple they are!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2,259
Those fit perfect Jake ! Sorry what Caliber is that sweet looking WINNY ? I hate to say this but I like them bikini covers better than the flip ups as I have broken the flip ups but unable to brake a bikini cover :lol:

Jake that is a great looking set up :wink: I am sure you will be happy with those Talleys from my experience they don't make junk!!

Blessings,
Dan

Without a doubt. Talley is very high on my list of mounts. Just super set ups.

Terry,

That's my 338-06AI on a Pre-64 action dropped in a Supergrade Micky topped with a Conquest 4.5-14X44. Next week it's going to be looking for elk!

Heck yeah Jake! Can't wait to see the pictures. Really looking forward to hearing about the 225AB on elk.

Jake I was looking all over Winchester website :mrgreen: did take me a few minutes to,figure out it was a custom for sure :lol: had me going that they would produce such a fine looking rifle and I suppose it is a tack driver as well and good luck on a late season Wapati hunt !! Elk should be headed down the mountains with snow and colder weather by now!!

Well Monday I took a load of calves to the sale it was 70 in Fallon 60 at the house. Yesterday I woke up to 24 and 6" of snow. And was 26 in Fallon when I took another load got home at 1700 and it was 0! It was a lovely -10 this morning when I woke up so I hope they are down!

Jake that stuff just started blowing thru here this am and keep warm as I know that will be hard to do! Wife keeps trying to get me to move to Vega's but I am not paying their light bill :lol: read an article about some dumb politician ( go figure ) wanting to close all 148 conus commissaries as that would put my wife outta work and also the morons that are thinking about it ! Mr Hagel

Back