The One You Didn't Buy

Oh, Boy. I kind of regret it, but....A couple years ago a friend got in a tight spot for cash and offered to sell me his 70 featherweight 30-06. The kicker is this one wears a high grade maple stock and its quite a beauty. But I elected to loan him the cash and hold the rifle. He bought it back 7 weeks later.

At this point in my life I have more quality rifles than I deserve so feeling disappointed about a few that I wish I'd of gotten, is just being hoggish. But that said, I probably should've bit on this one last yr. Don't remember exactly how much, but it wasn't that much, and I wont run across another 7mm-08 that looks like this one, unless I want to spend some pretty big bucks to make one this way.

From an investment standpoint the only thing that held me off from it was that it was a Zastavia. Had it been a Remington, Ruger, or Winchester that looked like this at that price I would've scooped it up.

At this point in my life I have more quality rifles than I deserve so feeling disappointed about a few that I wish I'd of gotten, is just being hoggish. But that said, I probably should've bit on this one last yr. Don't remember exactly how much, but it wasn't that much, and I wont run across another 7mm-08 that looks like this one, unless I want to spend some pretty big bucks to make one this way.

From an investment standpoint the only thing that held me off from it was that it was a Zastavia. Had it been a Remington, Ruger, or Winchester that looked like this at that price I would've scooped it up.

Ouch…

I remember a few...
A Mark X Mannlicher carbine in 7x57, had gorgeous wood.
A Browning Safari Hi Power in 30-06...$500 price tag was 2 weeks pay back then!
A Sako Safari .375 H&H with beautiful wood, drop belly magazine, express sights. $2000 may as well been 2 Million for me then!
Those three stick in my mind, ha. Thank God for memories...they are alot cheaper!

Back