There still are some good deals at gun shows

nitis

Handloader
Dec 20, 2008
I didnt think it was possible to get a good deal at a gun show anymore but today we did. Looks like brand new owner claimed 1 box fired model 700 mountain rifle in 243 for $500!

Both my brother in law and me fought over it but I let him win.

the way I see it is I know he has it and what he paid for it so if he does decide to sell it I can get it.

I'm not a big .243 fan, but I would have jumped on that like a pack of dogs on a crippled cat.

Greg Nolan":16uevvyi said:
He's a good brother in law if he lets nitis borrow it. :wink:

+1
It would make for a great coyote rifle.

JD338

The one guy there must have had 10 or 12 700 classics but they were all in 30.06.

The part I dont get is some had sights and some didnt?

nitis":20no3j4l said:
The one guy there must have had 10 or 12 700 classics but they were all in 30.06.

The part I dont get is some had sights and some didnt?

The Remington 700 Classic in 30-06 was not one of the one year one year limited runs in "classic" cartridges. It was just another version of the 700 and could be had with or without sights. Mine is without sights. IIRC, Remington dropped it when they started those limited edition runs of the Classic rifles. I have the 06 and the .35 Whelen in the Classic style. I'm looking for one in 7x57 that they don't want my arms, legs and family jewels for the gun. Both rifles are decently accurate.
Paul B.

That is a good deal! I have never ever gotten a "good deal" at a show.
Lately I can not even get a decent deal on powders or primers! I stopped going all together.

You and me both Pop. Rather spend my time hunting than nut to butt at the gun shows around here just to look at overpriced crap for the most part.

They want an arm and a leg for what they have and don't want to give you toe jam for what you have. I don't go to them around my home area any more either. They are GUN SHOWS. You can look but you can't afford anything. I can go to the same peoples gun shops and look on Monday morning and it don't cost me anything to get in there. :mrgreen:

Back