Trio of AWESOME

BK":4gidcoyv said:
efw":4gidcoyv said:
Very cool man. Anyone who says you have "overlap" ought to have his rifle loony credentials called into SERIOUS QUESTION!

I dunno, man. Fotis has as good of rifle loony street cred as anybody (witness the Ruger Number 1 event), and he has a SERIOUS problem with overlap.

I, obviously, do not share that hangup.
.25-06
.257 Wby

2x 7 WSM
2x 7 RM

.300 H&H
.300 WSM
.300 WM
.300 Wby.

Kurt, where is your 6.5? How are you sleeping at night? Scotty

beretzs":3af31nlf said:

:lol:

I'm SO with you on this Kurt (& Scott).

Had to sell my 6.5-284 Norma but been working out a way to get another high-BC tack-driver ever since...

It's a Creedmoor, so I didn't really think it fit in with the whole 'overlap' theme. But I'll get there... I just have a .270 Weatherby to buy first (I think). And an 'alpha' spotting scope, dangit!

BK":1szcj6k2 said:
It's a Creedmoor, so I didn't really think it fit in with the whole 'overlap' theme. But I'll get there... I just have a .270 Weatherby to buy first (I think). And an 'alpha' spotting scope, dangit!

Ah, I forgot about that!

Good luck with the Weatherby. They are some screamers. I know I love the 270WSM a bunch and the WBY is just more of a great thing.

As for the Alpha spotting scope, I think Cabelas has them on sale! Scotty

The Creedmoor is an interesting cartridge. I've just started seeing some show up in this area. There is real potential with that cartridge. I don't believe it will do anything that other 6.5s won't do, but it is different.

efw":1ks2xonz said:
beretzs":1ks2xonz said:

:lol:

I'm SO with you on this Kurt (& Scott).

Had to sell my 6.5-284 Norma but been working out a way to get another high-BC tack-driver ever since...

That 6.5 Norma is a very cool cartridge EFW. I looked at them, a 264WSM build and then I found my 264WM at a local shop, almost new for a decent price, so I went that way. I am really liking it a bunch though, but to be honest, I think Joels 264WSM is going to rock :twisted: It just has so much cool factor going for it. Scotty

I wish I didn't dislike Savage rifles so much. They have a long range target model in 6.5-284 that pretty much a sighting system away from being ready to rock.

But, yeah, a 6.5 on a Wizzum case is pretty much as cool as it gets. Well, outside of a .300 H&H.

Back