Trio of AWESOME

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Guys, just wanted to throw a few pictures up of my M70's... As you can tell, overlap isn't really a word in my vocabulary!

M70 Laminated 7WSM

DSC_2849.jpg

DSC_2850.jpg

DSC_2851.jpg

270WSM, 7mm WSM, and the 264WM

DSC_2852.jpg

DSC_2853.jpg

I am not sure I could be happier right now. Should have the rail for the 7WSM tomorrow, along with dies and some cases to get cracking with the new one. Not really in any rush, but it will be nice to see what it is capable of. Scotty

Nice! I almost put a deposit on an Extreme Weather .325 WSM yesterday. But wood stocks (even plywood) is cooler than synthetic. Gotta say I'm a bit jealous of the 7 WSM and .264.

There's no overlap there. They are each prefaced by different numbers. Good looking trio of great cartridges chambered in excellent rifles.

I (obviously) refuse to believe in the concept of overlap.

Looks like they all would work very nicely on my Goat hunt this fall! :shock: If you get too many you can send one my way Scotty! :p

DrMike":641cxdks said:
There's no overlap there. They are each prefaced by different numbers. Good looking trio of great cartridges chambered in excellent rifles.

I like the way you think Mike! I agree. I feel they are all pretty useful for something!

Kurt, I saw a nice 325WSM EW today as well and a very nice 300WSM Sporter. That 300 Sporter was very nice. Scotty

Scotty,

Ya cant be married and have a mistress on the side, but with wooden beauties like that you can enjoy their company as often as your wife will let you.. 8)

Women have shoes and we have our hobbies (obsessions..)

Rod

beretzs":1ispzlw2 said:
DrMike":1ispzlw2 said:

I like the way you think Mike! I agree. I feel they are all pretty useful for something!

Kurt, I saw a nice 325WSM EW today as well and a very nice 300WSM Sporter. That 300 Sporter was very nice. Scotty

Man, I'm not too sure I could have walked away from the .300 Sporter! That's starting to overtake the Supergrade as my favorite Winchester configuration. If they only offered a .243... And if I could just find a Sporter in a 26" .264... maybe with nice wood, too... And since I'm dreaming, a .300 H&H!

Was hitting a gun shop with Nolan today, and they must have had about half of the PF M70s ever made! At least two .338s, a couple of .300s, the usual smattering of .270 Wins and '06s, but there was a .270 Weatherby that caught my eye. Might have walked out with it if it would have been about $150 less.

Scotty,

That sure is a beautiful rifle! The wood grain is gorgous.
Great plan to have a pair and a spare. :wink:

Looking forward to your range report. 175 gr PT at 3000 fps would be awesome!

JD338

I get to shoot it when you come out here for speedgoats.

Remember who found it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS you need a 300 wsm...................... should I look?

Glad to see you got it today buddy!! Looking forward to getting my hands on it next week to see how it shoots. Load some light little 120 BT's for me so I don't get hurt :lol: .

Heres my Model 70 7mm Rem Mag Classic Sporter

model_70.JPG

Unfortunately its the only Classic Model 70 I own. I wish I had a set of triplets. Say with 338 Win Mag and 25-06.

Bruce,

That is a handsome rifle--a classic cartridge in a sweet rifle to be certain.

Very nice rifle Bruce, looks like a twin to my 264WM Sporter.

I will eventually move to the 300WSM, but right now, I am pretty content with what I have. As Jim alluded to, I am going to do some work with the data Mike sent along using the 175gr PT's. Seems 2900 is easily done with the cartridge, so I will give it a whirl. Love those big, heavy and long bullets at just around 3K.. Good meat and taters type load! Scotty

Back