Trying to talk me into a .....

Teknys

Handloader
Jan 14, 2008
A co-worker who is into the long range game. He has competed while living in OK. He is talking me into a 22 Creed custom. Using Impact action and barrel of choice. He can assemble all the pieces. This would be the most $ I would have into a gun. It's a coyote gun. I could deal with this if it was my deer gun that I would carry most of the season. Although I do carry a coyote gun most of the year. What's impressive is the flat shooting at distance. I could just make it a 6mm Creed and use it for deer but already have a Sako in a 243W. But I could build this as a 7.5" twist for the long bullets ... hmmm....what to do... what to do....
I'm still thinking.

I'd say you've got the bug real bad! And do you actually think that people here will be helpful in giving you unbiased insight? Build the 22 Creedmoor! Do you actually need justification for this? And build the 6mm Creedmoor, as well. It differs slightly from the 243 Win. I mean they are spelled differently. Shooting is an addiction. Patrick McManus called it a "fine and pleasant misery," which seems an apt description.

Who cares why you want it...
The fact that you think you want it,is enough!
Plan the build, and enjoy it when it is done!
And then rebarrel the 243 to the 6mm Creed, and all will be right in your world!
(Until the next desire comes along ;))

Is it legal to hunt deer in Oklahoma with a 22 centerfire?
Texas! 22GT (88 grain ELD-M)
O7qAbjTl.jpg

A co-worker who is into the long range game. He has competed while living in OK. He is talking me into a 22 Creed custom. Using Impact action and barrel of choice. He can assemble all the pieces. This would be the most $ I would have into a gun. It's a coyote gun. I could deal with this if it was my deer gun that I would carry most of the season. Although I do carry a coyote gun most of the year. What's impressive is the flat shooting at distance. I could just make it a 6mm Creed and use it for deer but already have a Sako in a 243W. But I could build this as a 7.5" twist for the long bullets ... hmmm....what to do... what to do....
I'm still thinking.
Bruce's comment about a switch barrel sure is a problem solver-Money...You can't take it with you :)
I have a couple of 22 Creed's and a couple of 22GT's they are amazing for what they can do.
I am sure it is worth for a coyote rig, because "Dead Coyotes Matter?"💥😁

Sounds cool. I know a lil old 223 will handle deer with 62 gr bonded bullet just fine. I’ve seen a rather large black bear taken with a well placed round from a 22-250. Not that I’d make that a regular habit but it’s been done. My only concern would be that I’d likely wear out the barrel having too much fun.

Back