Ultrasonic Cleaner Suggestions?

3 Meter Para Bellum

Handloader
Apr 17, 2020
Hey there, I'm wondering if anyone has any ultrasonic cleaning machines they would suggest? I had someone ask about them but I have never used one myself, and quite frankly I am totally unfamiliar with what is available.

I bought a Hornady when they came out. I tried different recipes of cleaning solution on brass and never got the results I wanted. After 6 months I sold it and bought a cheap Harbor Freight rock tumbler and stainless pins and never looked back. Tumbling with wet stainless and a little Dawn dish soap is the best way to get sparkling clean brass.

My experience mirrors that of RL338. I used my ultrasonic for about six months and sold it at a loss. The steel pins in my Thumler Tumbler works just fine, and almost as fast as the ultrasonic worked.

Similarly we bought a hydro sonic cleaner to keep in our range for cleaning pistols and AR parts. It did a good job but was in efficient and messy Compared to old fashioned work for routine pistol maintenance. Quarterly quals or swat range days it earned it’s keep with the MP-5s and M-4s.

I use stainless media for brass, and ultrasonic cleaners for car parts, gun parts and other items.
US is great for parts cleaning but just OK for brass unless you leave it in a long time.

Back