Varget Available at Hodgdons

I feel very fortunate to have recently gotten 8 lbs of Varget for $305.

JD338

That's what it's running at here, at least at the one shop. 8 lbs in the harder to get stuff like H4350, Varget, etc, is $300. The older more common powders like IMR 4350, etc, are $279. I hate to think of it but I'm gonna have to lay out money for another jug of IMR 4350 here at some point. No matter what else I try it ends up being a powder I use in so many loads in a lot of different rifles. Can't get away from it.

Gotta tell you, I'm shooting more with an air rifle... Pellets are still cheap. No powder, primer or cartridge case required.

Guy

At 12:31 today I got an alert it was in stock at midsouth for $45.43
I checked at 1:15 and it was sold out.
A lot of places have alerts to notify you , but they’re sold out in a few minutes. I can’t imagine why people gobble up a couple pounds of powder and pay the shipping and hazmat.

A lot of places have alerts to notify you , but they’re sold out in a few minutes. I can’t imagine why people gobble up a couple pounds of powder and pay the shipping and hazmat.

I can't imagine why they keep gobbling up powder nationwide, with no primers nationwide to back up all that powder being sold. Around here I am slowly seeing powders (and bullets) sit there without being purchased despite the supply chain on those products still not being up to par. In other words, if a 8 lb jug of say IMR 4350 is gone, almost no shop can tell you when they might be able to get the next one. They take what's available and they never know week to week what that will be.

Despite that predicament powder and bullets around here are starting to sit there. I say it's at least in part because of lack of primers. Eventually you'd think the demand for powder and bullets would fall off when primer availability hasn't even come close to keeping pace,

Back