Whelen owners motto?

I agree Aleena, they are coming foreward now with cheekiness because I sold the .340 Weatherby and they think that I am weak, However I bought a 9.3x74R. Maybe now I have an extra scope now and maybe need to buy a .375 Ouch and Ouch. That event would scramble this rabble back into their rabbit warrens.

yukon huntress":38pq98iv said:
charlie, dont give in to the herd mentality. the 340 Weatherby will push the same size pill further, flatter, faster and hit harder. And the 375 H & H will let you do as much as the whelen will, only with a bigger pill

how about --' The whelen, not as good as some, but good enough for some"

Charlie, We are not the odd man ( or woman ) out here, there are others that agree with us, but they keep disappearing before they can testify. lol

Man, talk about dedicated to the cause! You darned 340 people are almost as fanatical as us fabulous Whelen shooters.. Besides, that goofy radiased shoulder probably slows that bullet down 15-20FPS! :twisted:

.35 Whelen motto???

..."Well, @ least it's not a .270" ... :mrgreen: :twisted: :lol:

SJB358":3bygy6hn said:
yukon huntress":3bygy6hn said:
charlie, dont give in to the herd mentality. the 340 Weatherby will push the same size pill further, flatter, faster and hit harder. And the 375 H & H will let you do as much as the whelen will, only with a bigger pill

how about --' The whelen, not as good as some, but good enough for some"

Charlie, We are not the odd man ( or woman ) out here, there are others that agree with us, but they keep disappearing before they can testify. lol

Man, talk about dedicated to the cause! You darned 340 people are almost as fanatical as us fabulous Whelen shooters.. Besides, that goofy radiased shoulder probably slows that bullet down 15-20FPS! :twisted:

Scotty, where is Dubyam and Sean when charlie and I need them ? I see we have one very intelligent gentleman residing in Cody WY that just posted (-;

"That event would scramble this rabble back into their rabbit warrens."

Never happen. Whelen owners never back down. 8)
Paul B.

yukon huntress":6xf2qg7s said:
Scotty, where is Dubyam and Sean when charlie and I need them ? I see we have one very intelligent gentleman residing in Cody WY that just posted (-;

Gene is one of the many great ones on here... He can't help it though, he's a Marine as well..

PJGunner":6xf2qg7s said:
"That event would scramble this rabble back into their rabbit warrens."

Never happen. Whelen owners never back down. 8)
Paul B.

I'll 2nd that as well Paul. Backing down isn't an option..

Charlie, Cheyenne

All I can add is when you have rifles like the 340 and 375, you dont need to make up mottos or jingles or some other method of selling yourself or others that what your using is actually a good caliber. But I feel since we are all hunters we most stick together, so we need to not just overlook these actions but find a way to tolerate them.

After all we have enough enemies in Wash D.C. , without fighting among ourselves. I suggest in the future cheyenne, just smile and move on to a different thread and remember that we depend on Scotty to give us reload information on weird calibers like the 224 tth and 244 H & H, which BTW scotty we appreciate.

Scotty, I had also wondered about the 244 but after reading the dialogue between you and Cheyenne I no longer have an interest. The dialogue between you and April on the 224 was also interesting. thanks

Charlie, I dont get much time to read the forum anymore, so while I am here, I wanted tell you that I hope your feeling o/k. sir

wildgene":2y3861ww said:
.35 Whelen motto???

..."Well, @ least it's not a .270" ... :mrgreen: :twisted: :lol:

Hmmm, I may need to change my siggy again...

That lady from the north is treading on a fine line :wink:. From previous posts I know she is fond of her 30-06. Now if she would neck it up to a 35 Whelen or neck it down to a 270win I think she would really have the only 2 calibers she would ever need :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

How could a .300 Whelen shooter ever trash the .35 Whelen? I can't wrap my mind around this...

sask boy":39zybau9 said:
That lady from the north is treading on a fine line :wink:. From previous posts I know she is fond of her 30-06. Now if she would neck it up to a 35 Whelen or neck it down to a 270win I think she would really have the only 2 calibers she would ever need :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

Truer words would be hard to find. Hard to find fault with that combo.

Signed,
Whelen Trash Wannabe

Whelen has to be spinning in his grave and he had nothing to do with naming this cartridge! Poor guy!

Charlie, Sean, did you notice that everyone ignored the 340 and 375 is better than the whelen comparison and went for the 30-06, whelen comparison. And it was done by a fellow Canuck. (-;

but since that can of worms has been opened.

30-06 was such a fine cartridge, that it has been used to produce several good rounds.

25-06, 6mm-06, 270, 280, 338-06 ( A-Square ), 35 Whelen, 8mm-06 Good blood lines develop nice offsprings.

Top 10 most sold centerfire cartridges --year after year. 30-06--No 1,--- 35 whelen has never made the list.

I use 125, 150, 165, 180, and 220 in the old girl--for varmints, wolf, deer, caribou, elk, moose, black, brown and white bear, goat and sheep, bison and muskox. All with one rifle. What is he smallest bullet one can buy for a whelen. And speaking of buying bullets

when you run out of reloads or if your cartridges are lost, there is never a shortage of 30-06 on the shelf at any local mom and pop store. No whelen s. Plus the last box I bought of 180 s were 30 dollars for 20 and I can get them even cheaper locally. Midway offers a box of Nosler at 55 dollars for 20. Plus we would need to pay to get them up here.

Compare the velocity and energy at 300 yards--use a 180 grain 30-06 and a 200 grain Whelen. Unless you find something we have not found I think you will find the old 06 will hold her own.

Scotty, Tom, A and Sean are the only ones who really know me on this forum and unless I miss my guess, they are LTBO right now. Plus remember I am a girl, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt, what the hell do I know.

yukon huntress":fio36vqx said:
Plus remember I am a girl, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt, what the hell do I know.

This is a trick... The wife throws this line out once in awhile and it has never gone well for me... :shock:

Might have to dust off the 35 Whelen this morning and drag it to the range... Pretty sure all this talk is bear scat! :twisted:

FYI, just kidding, hope you all have a great day!!

And I thought there were so many variants based off the 30-06 because no one knew what to do with all that useless brass. :p

CatskillCrawler":1zm1leb6 said:
And I thought there were so many variants based off the 30-06 because no one knew what to do with all that useless brass. :p

Now, that is funny! :mrgreen: Enjoying the thread. The true feelings come out. The Whelen is good for forcing those who lurk in the shadows to reveal themselves. :grin:

Yukon Huntress,

:roll: Thank you for identifying yourself ! Be careful and tread lightly around this 35 Whelen crowd, they have been know to chew up, and spit out, a 30/06 without warning! :lol:

DrMike":1bsw8fxk said:
CatskillCrawler":1bsw8fxk said:

Now, that is funny! :mrgreen: Enjoying the thread. The true feelings come out. The Whelen is good for forcing those who lurk in the shadows to reveal themselves. :grin:

Or for revealing the truth about the inadequacies of the Whelen compared to other calibers

Catskillcrawler ---if not for all 30-06 and all of its useless brass, there would be no 35 whelen---or 270, or 280 or 25-06 --or --well you get the idea. But thanks to the 30-06, it has given birth to many calibers who are enjoyed by many. No thanks is necessary, the 30-06 (and I) are pleased all the children of the mother cartridge are doing well and making so many hunters happy.

yukon huntress":1v94i6pg said:
DrMike":1v94i6pg said:
CatskillCrawler":1v94i6pg said:

Or for revealing the truth about the inadequacies of the Whelen compared to other calibers

Catskillcrawler ---if not for all 30-06 and all of its useless brass, there would be no 35 whelen---or 270, or 280 or 25-06 --or --well you get the idea. But thanks to the 30-06, it has given birth to many calibers who are enjoyed by many. No thanks is necessary, the 30-06 (and I) are pleased all the children of the mother cartridge are doing well and making so many hunters happy.

I guess in this age of "everyone's a winner" and "there are no failing grades" that we can give credit where credit is due... :)

In all seriousness, I don't own a Whelen only because my donor rifle was shot and it gave me consistent .75" groups with little load development effort. So now I have a BDL in 30-06 which was deprived the salvation of becoming a .35cal. I'm so torn with this rifle...I've been looking for another donor action recently.

Back