Whelen owners motto?

We all decided some time ago that this was going to be a respectful and considerate site and it has been very much so. People who want to be drama queens and trolls in behavior are normally sent away before too much damage is done.

To me, being rude to the ladies, who have every right to be here, is no different. Plus the ladies who do participate on this sight bring their experiences, viewpoint and expertise just like everyone else does. If anyone can't live with that, maybe they need to leave? Besides I have worked in the subartic but have never spent ay time, other than vacations, in Alaska. Plus, I have never had the opportunity to hunt in exotic places, even those where I worked.

I really enjoy reading stories about these hunting trips and all of the details thereof. The women on this site bring diversity not only of outlook because they are ladies but also unique experiences, many of which I will never have. That does not mean that I do not like reading about their adventures though, because I do enjoy their stories.

velvetant":1u5bmllp said:
yukon huntress
Who ever is being an a-hole and sending you nasty pm's needs to be kicked off this forum.
I for one love to hear a womens perspective on hunting and shooting, especially from someone with your experience.
Randy

Without a doubt.. I am not sure who would be doing this, but I wouldn't think it is anyone who posts regularly on this place...

On another note, here is why I like my Whelen so much.

30826E34-E00D-4ECA-A394-4A9EDDACE5A6-174-0000001AAB189A8F_zps8eb9e34d.jpg

F0798954-6493-45FD-9D63-B992230393F8-174-0000001AC784A020_zpsa68dc155.jpg

70E38970-7090-4FCA-9095-896FCEC608CF-174-0000001AD94EA5D6_zpse82d7d2f.jpg

It delivers a 250 PT, at 2640FPS, with excellent accuracy for about as far away as I would ever shoot at anything. Granted, it isn't a 375 or 340, but for me, it hits hard in a rifle that is really easy to carry all day long.

These were shot yesterday after all these posts trying to negate our beloved 35 Whelen! Figured it was time to make sure it was still everything I thought it was.. It didn't fail me! :twisted:

Good to see you stretch out the Whelen again Scotty. Nice, repeatable results are inspiring and comforting.

I too jest and hope that none of my comments were misconstrued as hateful. Personally, I find it humorous that one could get riled up about one's cartridge choice. I didn't sense any real animosity in this thread and hope no one here felt any.

As for AH and YH, I've stated my stance on their well-valued opinion before. I hope that you two stay resolute and continue to contribute to this forum. Please ignore those who, based upon their derogatory comments, most assuredly have no relationship with a woman in real life. Their immaturity and bigotry are just symptoms of a diseased mind.

Scotty, good shooting and that load is moving. My load with the 250's is at 2500. I think the next couple of nice days, the Whelen is taking a trip to the range.

Thanks gentleman weather is changing here. I hope to be out to the range this coming week to wake up the Whelen:). I want to try that CDS system on my VX-6 as well :).

Blessings,
Dan

billbam":yjbgiq7k said:
Scotty, good shooting and that load is moving. My load with the 250's is at 2500. I think the next couple of nice days, the Whelen is taking a trip to the range.

Thanks Bill. It shoots really well, all the time and man, it's a hammer. I can't seem to wear this Remington brass out though. I've wanted to try Nosler or Norma's offerings, but at this rate I will shoot the barrel out before I wear out the brass.

That is some good shootin Scotty!!! Never a doubt in my mind the Whelen's accuracy potential!

That is so true on all Charlie.
I truely enjoy the ladies input here, in any aspect.
The family here wouldn't be complete without them.

Whoever is picking on the ladies needs to go somewhere else. All of the 338 shooters need to continue picking on the 35.....what was the name of that round? :lol: Funny and all in good fun!

All .340 Weatherby owners know where the real beef is located! :mrgreen:

They just announced the 75th anniversary of the Model 70, it is (5) years older than I am!

Woodycreek":1rrz6jg1 said:
All of the 338 shooters need to continue picking on the 35.....what was the name of that round? :lol: Funny and all in good fun!

You mean that 338 is actually a calibre? Why would anyone want to shoot such a puny piece of lead? I don't get it! Now, 358 calibre ... that's a man's bullet.

DrMike":4fzcwgug said:
Woodycreek":4fzcwgug said:
All of the 338 shooters need to continue picking on the 35.....what was the name of that round? :lol: Funny and all in good fun!

Now, 358 calibre ... that's a man's bullet.

No way Doc! Even Aleena shoots a 416 and she is a very nice lady.

not when you spell caliber like that Mike. I tought you were an American?,,,just kinda stuck where they spell things wrong.
:p

DrMike":km7uyarb said:
Woodycreek":km7uyarb said:

Not when you spell caliber like that Mike. I tought you were an American?,,,just kinda stuck where they spell things wrong.

onesonek":2rhyeafd said:
DrMike":2rhyeafd said:
Woodycreek":2rhyeafd said:

Not when you spell caliber like that Mike. I tought you were an American?,,,just kinda stuck where they spell things wrong.

Ah, Dave, I've lived here so long (and communication is my stock in trade) that I had to learn to spell Canajun. I can still talk 'Merican real good when I need ta'. 'N I can write it, if I have to.

DrMike":2pjuic4a said:
Woodycreek":2pjuic4a said:

You mean that 338 is actually a calibre? Why would anyone want to shoot such a puny piece of lead? I don't get it! Now, 358 calibre ... that's a man's bullet.

I am with you Mike. I figure the 338 will be a good rifle for my daughter, being smaller framed and such.. :twisted:

I will keep pushing real, man sized bullets downrange.

Back