Whelen owners motto?

I've said this before and I'll probably say it again and again...it's all about the bullet and putting it in the right place at sufficient velocity. Head stamp be damned!

Dan, yes open sights with the 45/70

Scotty, I love it and it does very well out to 300, have not gone beyond that. Still using the 200 swift A -frames

As you know I have used the 375 H & H for years and hopefully will have the 275 H & H soon, and at your suggestion I passed on the 244. but I feel the 275, 300 and 375 H & H s should handle most anything coming my way. If not I can always grab the 45/70 (-;

thanks for your help Scotty on helping me look for something in the 6MM range of calibers, but I now think the 275 will fill that void, plus unless A is going to give that 275 to me, we will be out of money after I get that one. However, if necessary I can always borrow my grandfather old Swede, it is not chopped liver

Mike, Dave, and Dr. Mike, thanks again

Charlie, dont worry about it. It gives me an opportunity to feel like a model type when you do that, so it is not all bad sir (-:

yukon huntress":3v2gk89c said:
thanks for your help Scotty on helping me look for something in the 6MM range of calibers, but I now think the 275 will fill that void, plus unless A is going to give that 275 to me, we will be out of money after I get that one. However, if necessary I can always borrow my grandfather old Swede, it is not chopped liver

I am pretty sure you will LOVE that 275 if it shoots Cheyenne. Should be an awesome cartridge/rifle combo!

Glad the 300 is shooting well. Not that I thought it wouldn't. It is a Winchester Model 70!

onesonek":120opgf5 said:
My fault for not catching this earlier Cheyenne.
I'm not sure exactly on what and why you feel the need to apologize. I just haven't seen anything you stated that warrents an apology. It most often seems when threads go astray, it is in a joking or facetious nature, other's go off track in their own way. I really don't see that you responsible are on anything anywhere for other's response's,,,at least imo. They are responsible of their own.
I would hope you keep speaking your mind no matter how you care to present it. I certainly know you wouldn't be derogatory in any way. Ladies, and their input here are always welcome. I would like to see more of your gender, of any and ages and experience levels.
To most of us I would think, you are just another hunter/shooter. But I sure appreciate, your perspective or thoughts on all. Joking or not!!!!

YH - I have the same sentiment. No reason to apologize when you have done no wrong.
Thanks for the breakdown on the rules in your territory. Very insightful. Looks like you need more Border Patrol personnel to keep the unwanteds out...
Those three cartridges should cover every scenario you could ever imagine. I like the H&H theme too.

OT3 - Corgis are a very loving and faithful breed. I could easily see myself with one in my retried years. Do you have a Pembrooke or Cardigan?

Meanwhile, let's not lose track here...to re-iterate;

rjm 158":120opgf5 said:
"When in doubt, get the Whelen out!!"
8)

Mike if they catch you & you need a reference have them call me you
know that I will give them the information they will need 8).

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":2l4m8xdy said:
Mike if they catch you & you need a reference have them call me you
know that I will give them the information they will need 8).

Blessings,
Dan

Drat! Another discouraging word. :lol:

FOTIS":xuttbhz8 said:
Whelen's motto....... Hammer time!

I walked by my safe while reading this aloud from my phone. My 270Wby knocked on the door and when I opened it, said to tell those wailin's they "can't touch this!"

dubyam":2urxnnx5 said:
FOTIS":2urxnnx5 said:

I walked by my safe while reading this aloud from my phone. My 270Wby knocked on the door and when I opened it, said to tell those wailin's they "can't touch this!"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dubyam":l18ow6ma said:
FOTIS":l18ow6ma said:

Have you consulted any medical professionals about this predilection to conversations with a rifle?

@Mike - That rifle is smarter, and a better conversationalist than many folks with whom I'm forced to interact on a daily basis. In truth, between the firearms and the dog, I could get by without much other conversation than here at Nosler!

dubyam":32ib2u25 said:
@Mike - That rifle is smarter, and a better conversationalist than many folks with whom I'm forced to interact on a daily basis. In truth, between the firearms and the dog, I could get by without much other conversation than here at Nosler!

Gotcha! :mrgreen:

sask boy":fja1r35a said:
Charlie owning a 340 is being in a club of 1 is that not very lonely :shock: ?

Blessings,
Dan

Actually, it is worse than that, Dan. I have sold the .340 and now own a 9.3x74R, talk about lonely? :mrgreen:

Oldtrader3":3o6o3sl2 said:
sask boy":3o6o3sl2 said:
Charlie owning a 340 is being in a club of 1 is that not very lonely :shock: ?

Blessings,
Dan

Actually, it is worse than that, Dan. I have sold the .340 and now own a 9.3x74R, talk about lonely? :mrgreen:

No worries Charlie, that 9.3 is closer to the Whelen anyhow...

I heard this saying one time, something about something is the biggest source of flattery..... :twisted: HA!

Just messin about. I dig the 9.3's alot too.

Back