Whelen owners motto?

dubyam":1mcmm8a1 said:
FOTIS":1mcmm8a1 said:
Whelen's motto....... Hammer time!

I walked by my safe while reading this aloud from my phone. My 270Wby knocked on the door and when I opened it, said to tell those wailin's they "can't touch this!"

OMG Dub I just spit my cheerios on my screen!!

Alas I do not own a Whelen yet. I would like one someday, and I have started prepping for one. You guys are pretty good at fanning the fires.

DrMike":2h57mde4 said:
dubyam":2h57mde4 said:
FOTIS":2h57mde4 said:
Whelen's motto....... Hammer time!

I walked by my safe while reading this aloud from my phone. My 270Wby knocked on the door and when I opened it, said to tell those wailin's they "can't touch this!"

Have you consulted any medical professionals about this predilection to conversations with a rifle?
\

:lol:

Oldtrader3":1jklgl0x said:
sask boy":1jklgl0x said:
Charlie owning a 340 is being in a club of 1 is that not very lonely :shock: ?

Blessings,
Dan

Actually, it is worse than that, Dan. I have sold the .340 and now own a 9.3x74R, talk about lonely? :mrgreen:

Hey,,,,,,I'm here buddy. The Two of us make a crowd enough :lol:

pre6422hornet":3pt2qros said:

Alas I do not own a Whelen yet. I would like one someday, and I have started prepping for one. You guys are pretty good at fanning the fires.

We try pretty hard Pat! To be honest though, doesn't take much to love a Whelen!

SJB358":6gak9198 said:
pre6422hornet":6gak9198 said:

We try pretty hard Pat! To be honest though, not much to love about a Whelen!

Fixed it for ya', Scotty! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry Dave your 340bee club lost its founding member :mrgreen:
It is a matter of time and you will all the see the light 8). And then we will all own at least one Whelen :!: :!:

Blessings,
Dan

dubyam":jcvhqhjt said:
SJB358":jcvhqhjt said:
pre6422hornet":jcvhqhjt said:

We try pretty hard Pat! To be honest though, not much to love about a Whelen!

Fixed it for ya', Scotty! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Man, I gotta watch you on edit... I take it back for jumping on your back on Guy's thread! You rated it! :twisted:

^^^^^ GUY NAILED IT!!!

Why own a .35 when you can own a perfectly good .338 (or two), and a .375? :lol:

jmad_81":1m40lgi8 said:
^^^^^ GUY NAILED IT!!!

Why own a .35 when you can own a perfectly good .338 (or two), and a .375? :lol:

Recoil. My 9 pound 375 Ruger gives me recoil headaches but my 7.4 lb 35 Whelen is nice to shoot. I don't like muzzle brakes. A 225 gr AccuBond from a 35 Whelen penetrates about the same as a 260 gr AccuBond from the 375 Ruger but with 20-25 gr less powder and 35 gr less bullet is nicer on the shooter.

My jugs of rifle powder don't quietly shuffle over to the other end of the shelf to hide behind the pistol powders when I get my Whelen dies out. I know a guy who says his 8-pound jug of H4831 disappears every time he gets his .338 Win Mag dies out, I swear it!

jmad_81":16ah7s2j said:
^^^^^ GUY NAILED IT!!!

Man, I thought we were friends.. :grin:

onesonek":244xvohk said:
Oldtrader3":244xvohk said:
sask boy":244xvohk said:
Charlie owning a 340 is being in a club of 1 is that not very lonely :shock: ?

Blessings,
Dan

Actually, it is worse than that, Dan. I have sold the .340 and now own a 9.3x74R, talk about lonely? :mrgreen:

Hey,,,,,,I'm here buddy. The Two of us make a crowd enough :lol:

Dave meant the 9.3 he is here with me on that. I would guess that Dr. Mike would be in on the 9.3 club as well?

3's all the merrier. I do seem to recall Mike having a like for the 9.3 x 64, or was it 63? My memory is failing me.

Guy Miner":tai6e6n1 said:
A motto? Hmmm... How about:

My Whelen wants to be a .375 when it grows up!

:wink:

Exactly!

And Charlie, you may not be in the club any more but there are several of us around. I for one would love for someone to show me that the 340 Bee does not shoot flatter, faster, further and hit harder at any distance than the 35 Whelen. I am not drinking that cup of kool aid. We have both, plus the 375 H & H and when compared with each other the Whelen came in third.

As another gentleman said, they will all do the job, and the animal if hit in the right place certainly will not know which rifle you used, but pleeezzz.

Cheyenne, as you know every time we go to the mountains, whether hunting, camping, or fishing, my son and I are always out numbered. My mother, wife and daughter are all avid outdoors people and love to hunt and fish. Also, congratulations on the 275 H & H. It will fit in very nicely with your 300 H & H and 375 H & H. My daughter said to tell you she is green with envy.

Onesonek, I believe Cheyennes husband is still using the 340 Bee, so add another to the club of Bee users, plus myself and we are back to three. And thats enough, I have never enjoyed crowds

Charlie and Dave,

Yes, I have a 9.3X64 Brenneke which I enjoy very much. I should add, for the sake of this thread, that I also have a 35 Whelen, which I also enjoy. Actually, I don't believe I have a rifle that I don't enjoy. :mrgreen:

SJB358":dnk5t3zs said:
Man, I gotta watch you on edit... I take it back for jumping on your back on Guy's thread! You rated it! :twisted:
SJB358":dnk5t3zs said:
jmad_81":dnk5t3zs said:
^^^^^ GUY NAILED IT!!!

Man, I thought we were friends.. :grin:

You're just getting hammered from all sides, huh, Scotty? No worries on you jumping on me on Guy's other thread. I can take it. And my wife will tell you there's not a day I don't rate it! I'd still take a beehive to a whale-n any day! I need to join the 340 club, I suppose, but I'm pretty content as a lone voice crying out the virtues of the 270'bee! Remember, nothing's ever been stung by a whale... :twisted:

alaska100":jp93azle said:
Guy Miner":jp93azle said:
A motto? Hmmm... How about:

My Whelen wants to be a .375 when it grows up!

:wink:

Exactly!

And Charlie, you may not be in the club any more but there are several of us around. I for one would love for someone to show me that the 340 Bee does not shoot flatter, faster, further and hit harder at any distance than the 35 Whelen. I am not drinking that cup of kool aid. We have both, plus the 375 H & H and when compared with each other the Whelen came in third.

As another gentleman said, they will all do the job, and the animal if hit in the right place certainly will not know which rifle you used, but pleeezzz.

Cheyenne, as you know every time we go to the mountains, whether hunting, camping, or fishing, my son and I are always out numbered. My mother, wife and daughter are all avid outdoors people and love to hunt and fish. Also, congratulations on the 275 H & H. It will fit in very nicely with your 300 H & H and 375 H & H. My daughter said to tell you she is green with envy.

Onesonek, I believe Cheyennes husband is still using the 340 Bee, so add another to the club of Bee users, plus myself and we are back to three. And thats enough, I have never enjoyed crowds

Sean---Thank you! As well as Mr. Miner, for the first quote

Also, I believe you already have the 300 and 375 H & H. Tell your daughter to contact A for the 275 and her father for the check book and she will have all three. When A was deciding what would be the best one for me, she found several, but she is a stickler for detail, so even if she finds one she may pass and look for another one, so tell your daughter it will come, but maybe not right away. And yes my husband did jump into the 340 Bee club, but he did so several years ago and nobody has convinced him to get into anything else--yet.

Dubyam--I love your quote about the whale and with your permission will use it.

I never seen many things die from a single bee sting :lol: but once you get hit by the Whelen hammer you are down for the count :wink:
But that is just my observation :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":37pco014 said:
I never seen many things die from a single bee sting :lol: but once you get hit by the Whelen hammer you are down for the count :wink:
But that is just my observation :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

In reference to the bee sting quote above.

you may want to talk to A, s daughter when she returns from the Amazon (-;

O.K., I am gone before everyone gets upset at me again ( well two members anyway ). But remember this is Sean s and Mr. miner fault, they made the first posts the prompted mine, so please take those two on first before you get around to me (-;

Back