Which rifles are on your wish list?

Well, here I go again!

Found the Ruger 77 RSI 250 Savage Lipsey's edition rifle from 2009!
It will take a few weeks to get it imported into Canada.
Will make a nice pairing to my wife's Ruger No. 1 250 Savage Lipsey's edition rifle.

What a year! Being able to find 3 bucket list rifles! 2 of which I have never seen in person in 15-20 years of desiring and looking for at numerous gunshows. Although I did have to part with one of my other firearms (unused as yet by me) to make this acquisition

To add to the list from yesterday, I miss my Browning BLR so for at least today it is at the top of the list (that could change tomorrow)

I don't need it but I have always wanted a Ruger #1 well how about a Ruger #1 in RSI in .223 Rem. I think this would make a nice little rifle 20 inch barrel full length rifle stock.
I would use it for when I want to use my Blue Dot loads that make a .223 Rem a .22 Hornet or a full throttle load for calling in the timber where you know you will never get a second shot.
I'm thinking Leupold VX 2 with 1x4 power 20mm.
I'm also thing the full length stock would put some weight forward to steady it for the shot. (y)

I would like to replace the m48 sporter in 300wsm for the newer one with the detachable mag. They can modify the older ones.
russ

Having scratched 3 rifles off my list, here is what it looks like now!

1) Ruger No. 1 RSI in 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser
2) Ruger M77 Lipsey's Edition RSI in 6.5x55 (2008, run of 285 built)
3) Remington Model 7 Custom MS in either 250-3000 or 35 Remington
4) Sako Vixen in 221 Fireball
5) Marlin lever action in 356 Win and 35 Rem
6) Ruger 10/22 RSI SS Gray Laminate
7) Winchester or Browning High Wall rebarrelled in 225 Winchester
8) Cooper or Nosler LH 6.5x284 Norma w/ nice wood
9) Custom Remington Model 700 LH in either 338 Federal or 358 Win with 20" barrel in French Gray with open sights and nice walnut stock (may be full length)

Blkram":1f0hx8zq said:
Having scratched 3 rifles off my list, here is what it looks like now!

1) Ruger No. 1 RSI in 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser
2) Ruger M77 Lipsey's Edition RSI in 6.5x55 (2008, run of 285 built)
3) Remington Model 7 Custom MS in either 250-3000 or 35 Remington
4) Sako Vixen in 221 Fireball
5) Marlin lever action in 356 Win and 35 Rem
6) Ruger 10/22 RSI SS Gray Laminate
7) Winchester or Browning High Wall rebarrelled in 225 Winchester
8) Cooper or Nosler LH 6.5x284 Norma w/ nice wood
9) Custom Remington Model 700 LH in either 338 Federal or 358 Win with 20" barrel in French Gray with open sights and nice walnut stock (may be full length)

My wealthy indian brother comes from a much wealthier tribe. I need a new pair of Mukluk's but this poor indian girl must wait until she finishes making a new harpoon in which to use to hunt a seal or two so I can make myself a new pair. So I guess my wish is to have time to finish my harpoon. Modest wish but I am a modest girl.

Oh and one last note of importance. Dr Mike and April, thank you for inventing the harpoon. do you guys still get royalties if they are sold commercially ?

The rifles on my wish list are the ones I currently own.
I don't want my wife to get half of them in the divorce but I'm prepared for that.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankful Otter":n1s58ggn said:
Oh and one last note of importance. Dr Mike and April, thank you for inventing the harpoon. do you guys still get royalties if they are sold commercially ?

Impertinent girl! Royalties were extinguished by the crown many years ago. :? Enjoy your harpoon. :mrgreen:

I am actually horse trading on a lefty M65 right now in the 260 but I am not going to be stung to bad because they are so hard to come by :wink:.
I am also looking at another BLR in a 358 but again I will have to save my coin for that one (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Enjoying this discussion. Hoping to soon get my hands on a model 70 in 300wm. Order is placed.

I liked Cheyenne's family of H&H. Very good thinking!
The 348 is an exciting gun as well.

So two rifles on the wish list
Would be
Something in a 338 the a 358. I might know more after my Model 70 comes in.

Shotgun-wise...I'm happy!
Handguns too.

One of my all-time favorites is an Excel 12 gauge from my grandfather. He bought it new in Nov 1929, and uses it heavily. Many a bird, rabbit and squirrel found a new home next to the mashed potatoes and beans.

That's probably the last gun I could give up.

Plan for my oldest son to get that some day. Will post pictures someday.

My bucket list is pretty simple by comparison. After handing off my Dad's Savage 99 to my daughter this year, the only thing I'm lusting after and looking for is another Savage 99. Would prefer to find one in a .358, but will probably settle for a .243 or another .308 and then turn it into a .358.

maverick2":33yzach8 said:
My bucket list is pretty simple by comparison. After handing off my Dad's Savage 99 to my daughter this year, the only thing I'm lusting after and looking for is another Savage 99. Would prefer to find one in a .358, but will probably settle for a .243 or another .308 and then turn it into a .358.
Son #2 gets my father-in laws 99F in 308. Wonderful white tail blackbear gun!

mjcmichigan":2e8unbfy said:
maverick2":2e8unbfy said:
Son #2 gets my father-in laws 99F in 308. Wonderful white tail blackbear gun!

Nice! That's exactly the model and caliber that my Dad handed to me as 10 yr old in 1972, and what is now in the hands of my 11 year old daughter. The 99F is easy to carry, shoulder, and shoot (and very hard to beat) for a hunting rifle.

DrMike":146ablmz said:
Thankful Otter":146ablmz said:

Impertinent girl! Royalties were extinguished by the crown many years ago. :? Enjoy your harpoon. :mrgreen:

+1

so that you dont have to look up the word impertinent Cheyenne, it means , being disrespectful to your elders, among other meanings. I was also going to say uninformed, since you were not aware that the crown extinguished our royalties years ago.

Gil, just ignore her----unless--your trying to get a free polar bear hunt LOL

mjcmichigan, yeah, that shotgun should never leave the family, great memories for sure

maverick, those 99's were very good rifles, your daughter is a lucky young lady to get such a fine rifle and a family heirloom as well. nicely done

Europe":26i36z0p said:
maverick, those 99's were very good rifles, your daughter is a lucky young lady to get such a fine rifle and a family heirloom as well. nicely done
I'm not sure that "lucky" is the right word. "Demanding" or "strong-willed" or "stubborn" might be more apt. That rifle was always going to be hers, but she managed to lay claim to ownership a bit before I was willing to hand it off, LOL. As I was teaching her to shoot that rifle, I remembered how much fun it was to carry and hunt with, so now find myself looking for a mate to that rifle for our deer and elk hunting excursions.
20161118_154419.jpg

Thankful Otter":1vljc56n said:

Besides, royalties were but tuppence each. You need to be careful or we'll get you on patent infringement. My solicitors will shortly be in touch with you concerning this matter.

There you go, April. That'll smarten her up. (y)

Maverick2, that is a great picture of your daughter shooting her rifle. Funny how these children lay claim to our firearms.

I would like to have a 25-06 built by Greg Tannel or Jarrett Rifles on a 700 action with a #3 barrel. Most likely by Jarrett.
Billy

To my "poor" native sister, Thankful Otter; if only I was as wealthy as others may assume that I am!!! Then I wouldn't have such a lengthy bucket list of rifles. The desire and passion is a great motivator.

But I do have a couple of decades worth of time and earnings that have helped me achieve the rifle battery that I have today. Not to mention the willingness to work hard and save up for the items and adventures that I acquire. It does not come easily, but like you it creates value and pride in the things that I have earned and the sacrifices made along the way. Yours will come with time and perseverance, and you are on the right path and can be proud in what you do have, as your rifles are quality items that any man or woman on this site would be proud to own!

Europe, it is ok...it wasn't that long ago when I too was impatient (youthful attributes) to be able to acquire that which I desired. I too, had to wait patiently (and sometimes impatiently) for certain things to come to me, when the time was right, and we were ready for those gifts (including earning them). Otter will be that much more Thankful when her time comes.

There are certain items in life that we desire that we may never acquire, as some things just are not meant to be. This fine, and I can accept this. Those that do come, will be appreciated! Part of the anticipation in having a bucket list!

To everyone else:

What will be in your safe?

Billyram":1zsg9i7m said:
I would like to have a 25-06 built by Greg Tannel or Jarrett Rifles on a 700 action with a #3 barrel. Most likely by Jarrett.
Billy
Billy
I have a 338 Jarrett built on a 700 action. It's not quite perfect, I over shot a bull a couple of years ago, killed him a day or two later. It'll shoot 1/4 to1/2 MOA with 250 gr. AB. I bet a .25-06 from them would be a real shooter.

SJB358":1uh5kk9i said:
Anything P64 for this guy..

A P64 Supergrade would be pretty danged cool though.

Now a P64 7x57, not saying I wouldn't keep adding rifles, but that would simmer me down for a little while.

I know where there is an unfired Pre-64 in 7x57 for sale. PM me if you are interested. Asking price was $7,000, last I asked. My dream rifle. If only my wife chose to be a doctor instead of a teacher.

Back