Which rifles are on your wish list?

After shooting my “new to me” .260 Remington built by Jon Beanland, my wish list now includes a Beanland 7mm SAUM hunting build....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only hole in my humble collection of rifles that I need (or want) to fill is a 22 long rifle of some kind. In my younger years (now 66 years old) I had a Browning 22 lever action. I so wish I hadn't sold it.

A Rem 600 in 35Rem. Wish I had picked up the one I found for sale back in the 70's, but I didn't have $99.00 to spare. For that matter, I didn't have $2 to spare....

I am still almost there to buy the 150th Anniversary Model 70; I have been drooling over them since they came out...... found one with marbled high grade wood.
Really nice to show up with something unique at hunting camp!IMG_1549.JPGIMG_1548.JPG
UPDATE:
I decided Santa might be toooo busy this year, so went ahead and bought it!!!
Will post some pics soon and review it and give a accuracy report as soon as I get
It scoped up, Have some Engraved low rings for it. Should be a head turner
for sure! (y)
And April I promise to hunt with it! Though I won't be dragging it around on the snowmobile
or leaving it on the wing strut of the airplane... :wink:
Trying to organize an Elk hunt in SE Colorado (Cabot Ranch) right now, so will be taking both the M 70 and the Tikka T3 out with me !
And I'll be shooting strictly" 150gr ABLRs" from both rifles, where 300 yd plus shots; are common, according to the boys that were just there few weeks ago. Here it is compared to the standard 140gr AccuBond.IMG_1628.JPG

35 Whelen":3dbjkz2r said:
I am still almost there to buy another Model 70 ...... with high grade wood.
Really nice to show up with something unique at hunting camp!View attachment 1

The chambering wouldn't even matter. (y) Lovely rifle.

DrMike":1ydytfyl said:
35 Whelen":1ydytfyl said:

BUT--if it was a 300 H & H, all the better.

nice, Earle, but unfortunately you guys never take those good looking rifles hunting, you guys always hunt with rifles with those cheap ugly looking stocks )-:

nice, Earle, but unfortunately you guys never take those good looking rifles hunting, you guys always hunt with rifles with those cheap ugly looking stocks..

That was a "cheap" shot, golly gee, however in my eyes, function is -----beauty :grin:

Europe":1a7ty8hj said:
DrMike":1a7ty8hj said:
35 Whelen":1a7ty8hj said:

nice, Earle, but unfortunately you guys never take those good looking rifles hunting, you guys always hunt with rifles with those cheap ugly looking stocks )-:

Now, April, I hunt with all my rifles, just like I go out with my beautiful wife. The rifles aren't much good if they can't be used, and my wife is not really all that meaningful if she doesn't make me look good by being with me. She shows off my good taste (and her smarts). :mrgreen:

SJB358":2e33aj3s said:
Now, April, I hunt with all my rifles, just like I go out with my beautiful wife. The rifles aren't much good if they can't be used, and my wife is not really all that meaningful if she doesn't make me look good by being with me. She shows off my good taste (and her smarts). :mrgreen:
See that April, Scotty and I do think alike! Nothing better then having your better half show off our great taste in Women, and the guns we tote around! A side note though..... I'm sure Scotty, myself and every man on here feels a Woman is our greatest asset to our wellbeing, and far more valuable and useful then our firearms! :grin:

I need a drink, or maybe I have had too much to drink

Cole, how did you get scotty log on name attached to Dr Mikes post ?

Not only do you switch a perfectly good walnut stock out for an ugly cheap looking stock, but you replace a classic man of knowledge, good looks, and experience for a Jarhead ????????

o.k I am headed to the bar

IMG_1552.JPGLol,
Well I probably need my head examined but I did just pull the trigger on the M70/150th Anniversary in .270!IMG_1550.JPG
Will give me something to admire this winter,on cold stormy nites! In front of a Cherie fire and a small glass of
Blanton's Burbon
Will post some pics when it gets here with a 3x15 Zeiss Conquest on it next week. :wink:IMG_1551.JPG
http://youtu.be/gxMvpY6o4t4

Beautiful rifle E.
Poor Scotty got nailed again.
Actually April I have several guns with both wood and synthetic stocks and they all serve a purpose and I consider them all tools of the trade. My beautiful wife once threatened to put a nighty on one of my rifles which has beautiful wood because she thought I fondled it too much. It is my one and only muzzle loader I built from scratch using only hand tools, a true labor of love.
After killing everything I could hunt with it and used it for primitive rifle matches I retired it and it has become a safe queen.

Beautiful M70 and in a 270, nice. Those pictures came just in time Earle, things are starting to get confused around here. LOL

Jeepers that's a pretty Winchester..... You will likely be the only guy in deer camp with that! Personally the Maple 264 that cabelas has called my name from across the store. CL

I have no new rifles or pistols on my wish list. I will try and reduce the herd, some more this winter.

Back