Zeiss 4.4x14x44 w rapid z 800

skinner313

Beginner
Dec 21, 2010
Bought one of these last week mounted it on a m.700 7mm rem. mag. VERY VERY impressed!!!! Used their ballistic calculator too set it up, it said too use 12 power with my load. 9 out of 10 shots on a 8 inch gong at the range at 700 yards holding dead on!

Never thought id spend 500 on a scope, but when i looked through it, it changed my mind reeeeal quick!

All it takes is one look, and you'll be hooked. Great buy for your rifle.

If memory serves, the Zeiss rapid reticles are all licensed from Pride Fowler. I haven't worked hands on the Zeiss optic, but I can tell you that reticle is just a peach.

We had multiple guys running them on a variety of different rifles at a 1000 yard long range class in Wyoming awhile back. The reticle kept them on 18"x24" steel out to 800 yards, and with dialing in some elevation over the 800 market, they all were scoring hits at 1000. The system works.

Pretty interesting.. reticle worked on a wide array of guns... everything from a Win 70 in 30-06, Tikka .308, DPMS LR308 and Savage 10FP.

They gave up a bit in the range estimation game over the .mil dots or hash marked optics. But still managed to do extremely well on the unknown distance shoots.

Back