Waterbuck mount

Divernhunter

Handloader
Apr 1, 2009
I got my Waterbuck from SA mount home. It is big. It is 5' and I have 8' ceilings. It was a SCI Siler #89 and measured 76.75". I like how it looks on my wall.

Attachments

• waterbuck 002.JPG
    waterbuck 002.JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 3,393
Very nice! Thanks for posting.

I may have missed the thread before if there was one, but do you have the story to go with it?

The mount came out very handsome; it does look good with the photos on your wall. Good show.

OUTSTANDING!

Not that I know much about waterbucks... like nothing... But that's a pretty doggone big one isn't it?

Beautiful mount. Congrats.

Guy

The biggest one the guy mounting has seen or shot. I am still waiting on my other mounts and skins.

My PH told me do not expect to ever shoot a better one.

Divernhunter":22l7ynbc said:
The biggest one the guy mounting has seen or shot. I am still waiting on my other mounts and skins.

My PH do not expect to ever shoot a better one.

See? Now I know more about Waterbucks! :grin: Thanks! What a great trophy from your hunt. Nice...

That's beautiful! My friend shot one a bit smaller on our last hunt, back in 2002. I remember they were pretty smelly, ha. I was told they had that greasy feel to their hair from the gland they have, it helps ward off bugs and such. It felt to me like I a hippie girl I "knew once" back in '71 who also had "greasy hair and smelled about as strong"! ha I'm glad you had a great trip and your taxidermist did a great job!

Back