Grizzly Bear Attacks and Kills Bull Elk in the Yellowstone R

That grizz did a crocodile trick and death rolled that bull elk.
That's one powerful animal there to do that.

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

He was definitely persistent, and his persistence paid off handsomely in elk steaks. Those bears are certainly powerful, that's for sure.

This reminds me of the time I was hiking in the Grand Tetons, and went up to the snow line, and just a little off the path, I saw this huge area of snow covered in blood.
I saw elk prints, and grizz prints.
Well, doesn't take me too long to figure I'm hiking my happy ass down to where it's safer, and less potential of running into a grizz alone.
Now that I saw that video, I have no doubt that a grizz took down that elk way up in the snow line area.
That was a chilling experience.

Hawk

Ya, I saw that video and appreciate it. Wow.

Bull elk is a strong animal. It did try to turn and fight at one point. I think Stew is right, I think the bull had a broken rear leg. Also think the grizz appropriately took advantage of that situation.

If it wasn't the grizzly, it would have been wolves. Either way, that elk wasn't likely to survive.

Grizzly gets huge respect from me.

Guy

Guy Miner":fvqvmrrk said:
Ya, I saw that video and appreciate it. Wow.

Bull elk is a strong animal. It did try to turn and fight at one point. I think Stew is right, I think the bull had a broken rear leg. Also think the grizz appropriately took advantage of that situation.

If it wasn't the grizzly, it would have been wolves. Either way, that elk wasn't likely to survive.

Grizzly gets huge respect from me.

Guy
Me too! Respect is warranted with them.
It's just amazing, and ominous to see that kind of brute strength.
They are a majestic animal to see.

Hawk

Without a doubt, a grizzly bear is a powerful animal and are amazingly fast and smart.
And they never stop learning!

There is an older video taken by Gordon Eastman of a grizzly sow taking down a bull caribou in a small river. It too was quite the battle where the caribou also fought back.

We tend to forget to respect any animal we hunt when we have weapons available to be able to harvest them.
Elk are also amazingly powerful too and deserve our respect too.

Blkram":5ey3yak3 said:
Without a doubt, a grizzly bear is a powerful animal and are amazingly fast and smart.
And they never stop learning!

There is an older video taken by Gordon Eastman of a grizzly sow taking down a bull caribou in a small river. It too was quite the battle where the caribou also fought back.

We tend to forget to respect any animal we hunt when we have weapons available to be able to harvest them.
Elk are also amazingly powerful too and deserve our respect too.
Very well said.
I've been within spitting distance of 2 big bulls when I had been scouting for deer.
One was so big, with his antlers the biggest and longest I've ever seen.
They are big, graceful, and powerful.
I respect them for their sheer strength, and tenaciousness.
I respect both animals immensely.
They are amazing to see on their own turf.

Hawk

Back