2022 Hunting Pictures

Tried to pull off a stalk on this buck, he busted me and took off. Stopped for a brief moment at 200 yards. All it took was a single 195gr hornady interlock out of the 8x57 flying at 2570 fps, punching through both shoulders to seal the deal. He only made an extra 50ish yards on two hind legs before realizing he was dead. Strong animals and a will to live!

yrcpje5.jpg

Last edited:
Tried to pull off a stalk on this buck, he busted me and took off. Stopped for a brief moment at 200 yards. All it took was a single 195gr hornady interlock out of the 8x57 flying at 2570 fps, punching through both shoulders to seal the deal. He only made an extra 50ish yards on two hind legs before realizing he was dead. Strong animals and a will to live!

yrcpje5.jpg
Excellent. Great shot on a great buck with a great round.

I have commented recently that "relying' on some one else to help you get out for your hunting opportunities is when you really appreciate it. Below is a photo of my cousin. One of those people who made it possible for me when we were kids. He is pictured with his grandson and his first deer. So happy that he had the chance to be "grandpa". Thanks Greg! CL
1669260949393.png

What a neat experience for both of these men! A couple of fine does will provide some grand table fare.

yrcpje5.jpg
dark horns , is that common in this area ?

I have commented recently that "relying' on some one else to help you get out for your hunting opportunities is when you really appreciate it. Below is a photo of my cousin. One of those people who made it possible for me when we were kids. He is pictured with his grandson and his first deer. So happy that he had the chance to be "grandpa". Thanks Greg! CL
View attachment 18300
Excellent! How nice to be there with his Grandson for his first deer.

Back