.17 Remington

dimecovers3

Beginner
Mar 17, 2006
I really think Nosler would do well loading for the .17 Remington. Interest in the round is higher now than when it was introduced and there is only one poor factory load available from Remington. I suggest a 25 and 30 grain loadings. 25 with the Berger Match (all the fur hunters use this round--not the varmint or moly round either---the true match round) and a new BT in 30 grains. I promise you would sell a bunch.

Steve

We have tossed around the idea of a .17 bullet. It just cannot fit into the schedule at this time. Maybe in a couple of years. Anyone else interested in a 17 bullet from Nosler?
Nosler3

Sure alot of people are interested in some nosler 17 bullets but you need to make something people will buy.. You need to be pretty aggessive with the bullet profile a high bc.. I would say a 22gr bullet bc of .200+, 25gr boat tail with a bc of .245+ (hornady makes a flat base 25gr vmax with a bc of .235), 30gr boat tail with a bc of .275+ most people have 1/9 in twist rifles. IF you make these bullets then most varmint hunters will make sure to have their rifle built with a 1/9 twist. Most do ALREADY..

Back