2012 Hunting Pictures

A fine bull and a good doe. You and your daughter did well last year. Congratulations.

Nice animals that doe looks awful big to me, congratulations to your daughter on her first big game animal.

View attachment IMAG0336.jpg

Shot this gobbler during the spring turkey opener today. Used 12 ga Benelli Super Black Eagle II, Indian Creek turkey choke, and Hevi Shot 3 1/2" #6.
He was 23# , 10" beard, and he had 3 spurs! Haven't seen that before. A good opening day hunt ridge running!

Attachments

• IMAG0318.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,498
DDH! Great bird! Congrats. I am missing our Va Spring hunt this year! It is good to see you guys picking up the slack!

Someday, someday i'll go turkey hunting, if i lived some where i could hunt them, every weeked would be thankgiving turkey dinner. :lol:

View attachment IMAG0366.jpgHad another successful hunt the other day, after a lot of scouting and hiking the Tri Mountain area of Durham CT.
These birds refused to come down to the bottom fields, so I got above them in the dark to a spot I had pre scouted and built a brushy ground blind out of deadfalls. We had a huge storm come through last fall that knocked a lot of oaks down. So most of the dead branches still had leaves attached. I put out some decoys, and called in four Jakes and this young gobbler. The plan worked perfectly.

That's a fine looking bird. Congratulations. Do you have a favourite recipe for preparing the bird?

DrMike":rxaxgtkd said:
That's a fine looking bird. Congratulations. Do you have a favourite recipe for preparing the bird?

That would be my wife's department. I like variety, but she makes a heck of a turkey parmesan!
I have a buddy that has a big smoker, so I give him a whole bird and usually does something special for me too.
I do pretty good cooking red meat game though!

I am not sure if I mentioned this before but everytme I have gone Turkey hunting and use my turkey calls, the only thing I bring in are coyotes. :roll:

Steve,

Coyotes have to eat too! :mrgreen: I guess you sound like an easy meal. Feel free to thin the yodel dog population.

I forgot about this thread! Here's some spring turkey from Central Nebraska

2012-04-20_17-55-02_900.jpg

2012-04-20_17-58-26_197.jpg

2012-04-20_18-02-48_814.jpg

2012-04-22_07-36-17_218.jpg

2012-04-22_08-52-12_461.jpg

Here's the moose that ended my 2012 moose hunting sixteen minutes into the season.

Moose201208152.jpg

I have a thread entered elsewhere on this site: http://www.noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20211.

He was a double challenge as I had broken two toes on my right foot and severely bruised the left foot three days prior. As I walked across the logging slash, each step elicited tears from my eyes. I believe my hunting partners were deeply moved at how emotional I was in shooting this moose. They chalked it up to old age and emotion at the thought that I might soon be unable to pursue these mighty beasts.

HA! That is a great moose Mike. Pretty good amount of meat on them too. I imagine some fresh meat for your locker will taste pretty good for you and your family.

Back