2012 Hunting Pictures

nice job on the 2 deer, looks like some nice wood on that rifle, you'll have to ditch the slip on limbsaver and put on regular one so people can admire the stock a bit.lol.

Called a pair this morning to about 75 yards and unfortunately one got to leave very quickly i must add. This female got a 50gr BTip to the chest via my 22-250. Quarter size entrance (under her chin in pic) and no exit.

DSCN5251.jpg

Posting this here made me realize that this the first thing I have put to sleep since around Christmas...guess Ill have to work on that a little harder.

I'll bet she dropped immediately with that shot. Excellent shot. Congratulations.

DT,
Nice work. That country you're from is some of the prettiest I've ever seen. Ran from Great Falls up your way and the Bob Marshall about blew me away. I almost hit a couple of deer and ran over some pheasants too. Damn, I love that place.
Joe

EOD Diver":7d7761dy said:
DT,
Nice work. That country you're from is some of the prettiest I've ever seen. Ran from Great Falls up your way and the Bob Marshall about blew me away. I almost hit a couple of deer and ran over some pheasants too. Damn, I love that place.
Joe

Here is a refresher for ya.
DSCN5163.jpg

DSCN5159.jpg

DSCN5158.jpg

DSCN5074.jpg

DSCN4986.jpg

DSCN5011.jpg

DSCN5012.jpg

DSCN4965.jpg

plenty more where that came from. if ya wanna see more, just holler!

Oh, yeah. Delightful country. See what you can do to keep all the west coast lefties from moving in.

Oil drilling is about to start here something fierce. There has already been a few drilled. Some say on the level of Williston, ND. I can only hope it doesnt get that bad. A little boost in the economy around here will do us just fine without the influx of all the scum of the earth. So maybe that will help keep the greenies out. Either that or it will make them move here in force to protest. I doubt that would happen either though. Stuff is going to get kind of crazy around here for a while though I believe.

Gosh damn DT, thank you for the pics. And yeah, I'd love to see more. I thought I'd seen pretty country in N. NM and Colorado, but we've got nothing on you guys up there. Gotta love that MT has one of the highest population densities of veterans, too.
Joe

Im incredibly lucky that my family chose to move up here to raise us kids. As for pics, here ya go!
DSCN4929.jpg

DSCN4641.jpg

DSCN4638.jpg

DSCN4649.jpg

Meat pole at elk camp back in the Bob Marshall
PIC_0014.jpg

DSCN4244.jpg

sullys1stcoyote-1.jpg

17934_1368417733157_1313100003_9993.jpg

The lake in this picture is the same one as the boat pic above. Boat pic was in July, this picture was taken in November while on our way 25 miles back in the Bob for our elk hunt in which I killed the elk hanging on the meat pole in the picture above.
2008NorthForkHuntingTrip027.jpg

while on the elk hunt
2008NorthForkHuntingTrip034.jpg

2008NorthForkHuntingTrip038.jpg

2008NorthForkHuntingTrip040.jpg

2008NorthForkHuntingTrip052.jpg

EarMountain.jpg

Skylandfire2.jpg

bearhuntinpic3.jpg

march6.jpg

sorry these arent hunting pics from 2012 but its hard to pass up a chance to show off how lucky I am to live where I do!

Deer Tracker, That is some BEAUTIFUL country you hunt.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.

You have to love the mountains. Eye candy to see the mountains on a bright day.

Here is a photo of a cow elk taken on a damage hunt.
We spoted them in a clear cut at first light but was moving into the timber.
We didn't have time to get to them so we looked at some other areas and figured to come back in the evening.
We were on a ridge at about 3pm and could look over to the unit that the Elk were in that morning.
I spoted them as they were feeding out of the timber into an older reprod unit with a new cut on the other side, figuring the would feed into the new cut we hussled over to the new cut.
Wwe parked about a half mile away and walked over to the area figuring we woul set up and wait for them to feed over.
As we walked into the cut and worked our way over to a small ridge that would give use a view of the area. As we came over the ridge the heard had beat us into the cut and they were feeding
about 100 yards from use.
As my partner went into prone the Elk winded use or caught movement and started to move off.
He waited until one seaperated and lunged her with a 168 grain berger launched from his Ruger 7 remington mag.
She went about 30 yards and was done.
First time he has used the 168 on an animal. It did the job but the entrance hole was bigger then what we have found with noslers and it had no exit.

Great post of a good hunt. Excellent table fare you harvested, ram101.

Back