2020 Hunting Pictures

JD, Congratulations to you and Danielle. Looks as though she had some excellent teaching in her life.

Dan

Brake, That is a fine looking moose. Congratulations. Could you provide some details such as how you found him, distance, rifle, cartridge, and bullet. Thanks.

Dan

Brake708":ky4wdewj said:
My 2020 bull

Really nice looking bull, like was mentioned a few more details on your hunt would be great. Congrats.

Wow! Two moose down! You'll have plenty of meat for the year. Congratulations on some of the finest meat anyone can bring home.

With 2 moose you guys are going to be eating well for quite a while! Congrats. Looks like beautiful country to hunt as well.

I only had moose once in Sweden and it was awesome.
Wouldn't mind having a freezer or two full of it.
Congratulations, well done!

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

I wish I could post some hunting pics of Elk or Mule deer my wife (As of 5 Sept 2020) and I got this season. I think the lack of finding animals was due to the warmer temps and lack of hunters. We believe with the furloughs/lay-offs due to Covid, lots of people were not able to take time off work to go hunting.

Richracer1":3spdc9kx said:
I wish I could post some hunting pics of Elk or Mule deer my wife (As of 5 Sept 2020) and I got this season. I think the lack of finding animals was due to the warmer temps and lack of hunters. We believe with the furloughs/lay-offs due to Covid, lots of people were not able to take time off work to go hunting.
Rich,
Congratulations to you and Mrs. Richracer1 on your Sept 5 wedding!

JD338

A buddy of mine from Washington and I spent last week chasing elk and deer. We got into elk every day but one and saw 3 bulls yet only managed to get one. The first day I was getting a snack out of my pack, about 2 hours after first light, and I looked up to see a group of elk, including a 4 or 5 point bull, looking down at me from up a hill about 100yds away. Needless to say I wasn't fast enough to get on him before he bolted. Later in the day we saw a large herd of cows with a 5 point bull at about a mile away across a crazy steep canyon.

Day 2 I spotted my bull at about 1400yds. We waited them out to see if they would go over the ridge they were on or come our way. They ended up coming our way. We hot footed it towards them and got to 670yds. The hill was so steep and so hard (it had rained and snowed and then froze hard so the ground was rock hard) that I couldn't stop sliding down the hill. Well the bull moved anyway and I got back on him just as he bedded down at 580yds behind some brush. We waited him out and then he got up and moved from sight before I could get a shot. So we moved closer again and spotted some cows at about 300yds. We waited on those for a bit before they started moving towards the hill we were on, just down it 300yds or so. I told my buddy we would have to cut them off before they got to us or it would be much harder to get a shot. There are several little draws back our way that hide escaping elk well. As we worked our way down the ridge we bumped into the whole herd at about 60yds. They pegged us and ended up running off. I followed and got a shot at about 200yds. He took a step as I shot and I hit him in the hind leg. He took off down and back up through a really small cut and I tried to neck shoot him but missed as he faced directly away from me. It did get him to turn a bit though and I punched him through the front shoulder. He collapsed at the shot and was done. It was 4:30pm by then. By the time we got packed up it was 7:30pm and by the time we got to the UTV it was 11:45. The bull died about 2500 vertical feet below the ridge we hike down from. It ended up being 2:10am by the time we got to bed.

Day 3 We headed to town to get a few things and then headed back to get the rest of the meat. We got out just after dark and didn't see any animals that day.

Day 4 We headed back into the same spot and snuck up on a whitetail buck. Well not really, we were walking quiet but he stood there like we couldn't see him and got to about 40yds before my buddy dispatched him. We spent the rest of the morning getting his buck out. That night we saw a few deer and a couple cows.

Day 5 we went into the same spot and saw 4 elk, 2 of which I saw were cows. My buddy said he thought one was a bull but I was never able to see the other 2 elk to verify that. We headed home that afternoon.

Opies whitetail.jpg

2020 ID bull.jpg

Congratulations on a great hunt. You worked for the results desired, and the execution was superb. Good job!

SSHuiuB.jpg

6.5 CM 140g Partition. He dropped like he was hit with Thor's hammer.

AzDak42":2ew4beq2 said:
SSHuiuB.jpg

6.5 CM 140g Partition. He dropped like he was hit with Thor's hammer.

Where were you hunting? He does look as if he will provide some excellent table fare for you. Congratulations.

Got my bull in eastern Oregon. 524 yard shot through the mist and blowing rain. shot him from a sitting position, high bipod and my pack frame tucked into my armpit. Produced 312lbs of boneless meat.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1336.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1336.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 4,600
Back