2023 Trail Cam Pics

I got a good looking bear . and a decent buck . these are new cameras , I must not have set the time and date on the bear camera . I am using last years batteries , so maybe they are weak and not keeping my settings .

View attachment 20116

View attachment 20117
Animals appear to provide some pleasing prospects for the fall. I agree with JD that the bear does appear to have a nice noggin.

Mike,
I'd like to think that our efforts to enhance our property might be a contributing factor. Brush management, removing invasive species, food plots and passing on smaller bucks helps.

JD338
One major reason I put my plot is to help the deer winter over. Judging by the hi-way they pack down in the snow I know it’s working.

we are trying to draw the deer on our land , and hold the deer on our land through the hunting seasons. most of the ground around ours are hunting leases too . these other leases don't do anything but place stands , and hunt . they also shoot any legal deer . the guys on our lease did shoot decent bucks . they did take a few doe . I think we should have taken a few more , I'm guilty of no doe kill . overall I'm pretty happy with the results from last year . hopefully the guys keep this mind set , so we don't have to make up a bunch of rules . I don't like rules , rules take the fun out of it . it's hard to tell a guy he can't shoot that deer because it doesn't measure up , when it's bigger than anything he's ever taken . I'm hoping the guys will be able to hold out for something nice , this past year they did .

We do the same here Jim and as a result, we get some decent bucks. If one of the kids want to shoot a small buck, I'm ok with that.
We do have some brutes here so if you are patient, you have a chance of getting one.

Attachments

• 66912.jpeg
    66912.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 66911.jpeg
    66911.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 67846.jpeg
    67846.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 10
JD , that's a really good buck . you can only hope he spread his genes , and the offspring is hanging around .

I have three cameras out . I moved a camera to where I have a ladder stand , it looks very promising . I got a bear that's a little scruffy looking . I got probably, 6 or 8 maybe more , dandy bucks . I didn't get to go through them very well yet , here is a couple .

07020201.JPG07010009.JPG06300096.JPG07010126.JPG

To be sure, the bucks are encouraging. The first picture reveals a dandy buck to be waiting for you this fall.

Back