210 grain Partition from 338-06

257 Ackley

Handloader
Nov 25, 2008
Shot at 50 yards with a muzzle velocity of 2750. This was found in jug 7 :grin:. and weighed 145.7 grains with a diameter of .635. As Scott would say...another perfect Partition.

010-1.jpg

012.jpg

011-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

Joel,

It looks as if that bullet will work for about anything in North America.

Again, it is almost easy to predict what the PT is going to look like coming out of about anything! That bullet looks great Joel. It really has the Partition pretty far forward which really lends itself to some serious penetration. That picture makes me wanna give them a whirl in my 338. Scotty

Great performance. The 338 210 gr PT penetrates way more than it should.

JD338

Is there a recommended minimum velocity for the 210 Partition? I don't see it listed they way it is for other such as the AccuBond. I would think the softer tip makes it open at relatively velocities. 1800 is a common number, same for 210 Partition?

That is the one bullet that has evaded me in the 338. Joel even sent me a bag of them, but I was working with the 200 AB at the time. I have three great Nosler loads though, the 200 AB, 250 AB and 250 PT. I might as well add a 4th! That is a great looking bullet...

I used that very same bullet in my 338 RUM at 3200 fps to drop a bull elk through the shoulders at 350 yds. Exit was the size of a golf ball.

JD338

I can't wait to shoot my .280AI and then my 338-06AI. Its probably a month or so out. Hopefully I get tags and can blood them this year!!

I'm pulling for you to blood these rifles. Nothing better than to use them to bring home the bacon!

nvbroncrider":4bvf0cam said:
I can't wait to shoot my .280AI and then my 338-06AI. Its probably a month or so out. Hopefully I get tags and can blood them this year!!

I wish you lots of luck. That is truly a very serious pair of rifles/cartridges made for hunting. No limitations on either one that I could think of.

I find it funny or maybe puzzling is a better term.

Why the above perfectly expanded bullet that performed as designed and retain 60% to 70% of its weight is disterbing to some and a pure copper type that looks the same is fine.

I like the way nosler designs their bullets for terminal ballistics and as long as it is permited prefer the use of lead in bullet designs for both balistics and terminal balistics.

Would a 225 grain have much difference in performence over the 210 grain. Shooting the 210 now and would like to jump up to a 225.

Thanks

The loss of velocity (2837 fps vs. 2733 fps) offset by the energy differential (3752 ft-lbs vs. 3731 ft-lbs) favours the 210 grain Partition.

Can't see 15 gr more bullet weight being any different when it comes to terminal performance, I would stick with the 210 as well.

That is the first bullet I will try with my ruger #1s!!!!!!!

pix452944481.jpg

Back