.22 target rifle

Joken

Beginner
Apr 21, 2008
I was at the range yesterday shooting my 338. Got to talking with a fella that was shooting a Martini .22 at 100yd targets. Now, I've always kinda looked down my nose a the .22 as something for kids and not of much value. I was wrong. He asked me if I wanted to try it and it was a lot of fun. Had to compensate for wind and bullet drop because the scope was dialed in at 50yds. He said it dropped about 8" and the wind was pushing the bullet to the right about 5". Third shot I got in the black. Now I've spent most of the day looking at .22's. My wife is right, I'm sick. I sure like the looks of those Cooper rifles. I'll have one by this time next year. Ken

I was recently the victom of a similar experience.
It was a Weatherby Vanguard in .17HMR with a Zeiss Conquest....
5 shots touching at 100 yards...and those .17 bullets are reallllly small.
It was a nice rig. :!:

I'm very fond of a good rimfire. :grin:

Winchester5202.jpg

Winchester 52B with 20x Lyman scope - it's been a dinger for about 60 years in our family!

Marlingroup.jpg

My Marlin 39, a well-made .22 sporter that shoots nicely. Topped by a 6x Leupold.

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

The little CZ .17 HMR which is amazingly accurate...

I also shoot the heck out of a .22 Ruger target pistol for practice. I'd bet I shoot 5000 - 10,000 rimfire rounds every year - which would be a huge expense if they were centerfire rounds... Great practice, and a good, accurate rimfire is a wonderful shooting tool.

Regards, Guy

I have a Savage 17HMR with a thumb hole stock and the accutrigger.
What a tack driver.
I set the trigger to the lowest setting (1.5lbs I think) and mounted a 3X9 VXII on it. My 12 year old daughters favorite gun to shoot.

I think everybody should have a good 22 rl my favorite is a 10/22T with a bull barrel and laminated stock and has a 4x 12 simmons whitetail scope But to my suprise its always on I haven't took it to the range for 3 years but everything I point it at goes down.

it is fun to play with with its 28" bull barrel, I have shot ist at 100 yrds and its neat to see the bullet hit the target in the scope.

Back