243 and 30 H&H range day

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Lot of wind yesterday but went out anyway.

This is what the results revealed

The "cheap" 243 did this. If you remember I was going back and forth on the 6mm and 25-06 but found this great deal and decided on it.

The Ruger #1s in 300 H&H did this

Attachments

• wm_3932324.jpg
    wm_3932324.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 739
For sure, those groups will do. Nothing wrong with your new "cheap" rifle.

Excellent marksmanship Fotis. The accuracy potential of today’s “cheap” rifle is remarkable.
Duane

longrangehunter":117kzcsf said:
preacher":117kzcsf said:
Dang Fotis! Show us some groups you shoot when the wind "stops"! wow, ha.
+1 to that! When did you get the 300 H&H FOTIS?

About 3 weeks ago. I posted it on here....

By the way, I put a 20 MOA Picatinny on the 243 Marlin and my new Weaver Tactical on it. The scope is clear as a bell and the tracking have proved dead on so far. I highly recommend it.
This is the midway USA special I mentioned a few days ago. I bought it and was so taken by it and the reviews I ordered 3 more!!!

See video here (left hand side of page) this is from Snipers Hide! These fellas live for long range!

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/59848 ... icle-matte

They closed them out in Natchess for 180.00. After people ordering so many, they got wise and increased price to 219.99

https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-grand- ... black.html

Attachments

• wgs.jpg
    wgs.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 690
Nice shooting Fotis. That 243 is a keeper!
I am really liking that Ruger #1 300 H&H.

JD338

Hey fellas a question.

My Marlin 243 win has a 1:10 twist. What would be the highest BC bullet it will probably shoot for LR steel?

Some good shooting there Fotis! I got a question....I see you put a lot of targets on here as well as some other guys with the measured group size and moa shown. I'm assuming that's a software program?

Fotis a man after my own heart with that Ruger #1! In know it's early in your adventure with that rifle but did I not tell you that if you shoot one you will be hooked? Tried to warn you! They are just sweet to shoot. I've got two as you know and they both are shooters too. I sure like them. Now I could see a spring bear or a fall antelope with the 375 H&H! That would be fun.

ShadeTree":1gcbo4vx said:
Some good shooting there Fotis! I got a question....I see you put a lot of targets on here as well as some other guys with the measured group size and moa shown. I'm assuming that's a software program?
I think he is using the app called range buddy. You can put it on your smart phone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Michael C. Smith":fk9zp8s1 said:
ShadeTree":fk9zp8s1 said:
I think he is using the app called range buddy. You can put it on your smart phone.

Okay thanks! I'm still a flip phone guy but my wife has a smart phone so I'll check it out. Thanks again.

ShadeTree":ky4dja8m said:
Michael C. Smith":ky4dja8m said:
ShadeTree":ky4dja8m said:

Okay thanks! I'm still a flip phone guy but my wife has a smart phone so I'll check it out. Thanks again.
Ok it's a pretty cool app.

6mm Remington":3cbz339r said:
Fotis a man after my own heart with that Ruger #1! I know it's early in your adventure with that rifle but did I not tell you that if you shoot one you will be hooked? Tried to warn you! They are just sweet to shoot. I've got two as you know and they both are shooters too. I sure like them. Now I could see a spring bear or a fall antelope with the 375 H&H! That would be fun.

Hey you do not have to tell me I had 11 at one time! a few years ago before the WBY kick

ShadeTree":2ssl9sqh said:
Michael C. Smith":2ssl9sqh said:
ShadeTree":2ssl9sqh said:

for PC

https://ontargetshooting.com/ontarget-pc/

You sure got that .243 shooting good! With a 10 twist, if probably just stick with that 95 BT.

Back