25 06 85gr BT with reloader 19 powder can you help!

varmit_master

Beginner
Jan 23, 2005
Hi can you help me with his load i am new to a 25 06 and got this to coyote hunt with and got a good buy on 400 rds of 85gr BT and i mite let my wife shoot a doe with this gun VM

Rem 700 25 06
Nikon 4.5x14x40mm
had a gun smith go threw and work the gun over! :grin:

vm,

For deer, the 100 gr BT would work better for deer, the 85 gr BT is a varmint bullet.

Regards,

JD338

Hi i wanted to load one bullet that would work on both because the deer are small in the south VM

I could not get the results I was happy with in my 25/06 with 85 grainers, but if you decide to shoot 100 grainers in it...get some RL22.

WE have been shooting the 25 for a good while now. The daughter took her first deer with it at 9 yrs old. We have tried the 85's for exactly the same reasons as you and got probably similar results to what "sll" got.

The 100gr BT's as well as the 110gr AccuBond should work out well for your wife's deer hunting and the 100gr BT's will definately shoot out of most of the 25's I have worked with.

Best powders for us have been RL-19, H-4831, IMR-4831. Our best load from our 25 and the 100gr BT came using IMR-4831 about 52.5grs, seated to 3.250" OAL. This load would shoot under an inch at 200yds. The 110's will also shoot well with the RL-19 once you get the velocity up towards the top end. I had to seat them just a little deeper to get them to come in but only to 3.220. Not much of a difference in measurement, but about 3" worth of group at 100yds. WE normally always shoot the 115gr Part. out of this rifle now as it groups so well and covers the bases for us in case we get a close in shot on a deer or hog. It is also another great bullet for this caliber, and for us has taken many deer, hogs, and my only Co. Muley.

Good luck with your progress, and don't think that a small framed girl can't shoot those 100grs full tilt. My daughter barely pushes 100#and she is pretty hard on the local yotes and deer as well. Check out the link to my pictures located in my profile.

Back