.257 loads

hardpan

Handloader
Apr 16, 2007
this is with IMR 7828 and accubonds. 2 groups, 1st is 3 shots, second is 2 after moving the scope. The gun is an ultralight, and i was battling fliers. i lengthened overall length, but only used 70 grs. The primer is fed 215

100_1473.jpg

100_1474.jpg

I consider this a huntable group, but not as good as those on this forum.
I am going to try to tighten this again in the spring, but I have to work on some other guns for now. They are in the 2 inch range with factory loads.

Hardpan

Hardpan

Nice shooting.

What caliber, 257 Weatherby Mag?

JD338

I don't think you need to worry about accuracy. Great groups.

That is fine shooting !
with groups that tight and with that cartridge , you need not wory about tweaking anything.
That is acuarcy enought for any range at witch anybody should be shooting game.
If you want to ring a 10 inch gong at 1000 yards mabye a little more often , then keep tweekin.
I would love to know your velocity.
I need to get a box of the acubonds as mabye my farly new reminton .257 weatherby will like them, neither of my .257 roberts seem towant to shoot them strain unless i load down to really slow velocity.
...tj3006

What other rifles are you working on with load development at this time?

Great shooting hardpan and some mighty fine groups. I thing you're there with load development with your rifle. I shoot 71.0 gr IMR 7828 and I'm getting 3525fps average velocity with the AccuBond and great accuracy like your showing us there. Good shooting with a great caliber :grin:

hardpan,

#1 Congrats on finding a "GREAT" load for the .257. Appears 7828 is the go to powder for these rounds. I'd say you're there.....
I just started playing with a new Rem 700 in .257 with the A-bonds and 7828....
Shooting2009013.jpg

JD,
this is a 257 weatherby mag in the ultralight. It is for my wife, daughter etc... but a great gun.

I have to on the velocity, it has a muzzle break on...
Hardpan

Bullet:
I need a new load for my
.300 weatherby 180 gr AB
7mm weatherby 160 gr AB
264 win mag on the 130 gr AB and BT
and
25-06 100 BT and 110 AB
257 weatherby 110 BT

But, I have a good friend with a range at his place, and I can set up the reloading center there. Saves a lot of time.,
Hardpan

Back