280 R.E.M., 22" barrel

My model 70 FWT 280 will achieve very near those velocities with 150 grain scirocco II's and 154 IB's and very good velocity with the 160 grain Federal Trophy Bonded Tip bullets....Reloder 26 is the powder that got me to those speeds without any signs of over-pressure, accuracy was very good as well.

frankm":3m9jqj2v said:
Pharmseller, you are right, 150 +/- fps doesn't matter. I ve ran the drops in JBM and confirmed them at the range. The 7-08 is plenty flat and capable. New cartridges are fun to play with though .. lol

Jason, you are correct that not much weight savings in scope changes and stock is best opportunity. I just don't want to spend the $$ on a lighter weight stock even though there's 10 ounces or so of difference. My B&C is bedded and fitted with a 2.9" Wyatts box so going to stick with it. Thx for all the input guys!

My new load is 150 ELDX at really close to 2800 fps. My nephew killed his first bull this year with this load at 407 yards. 5x6 bull. I killed a 4x4 buck with this load, 30 foot recovery.

Run the figures, it's a surprisingly persuasive killer.

P

Back