308 Accubond 150 grain load info

ehunter

Beginner
Mar 16, 2009
I have had a heck of a time getting these bullets to shoot. I was at the range today and the Sierra Pro king 150 I had a 6 shot group right at a inch at 200 yards the AccuBond are all over the place. I had tried 46 grains of Varget and seated them as long as the mag would allow me. Any thoughts I will try to work up a few grains but the max is 48 and that is a compressed load. I do have some reloader 15 and may try it as well.

The rifle is the new AW Winchester.

ehunter

Keep at it, sometimes it takes some time to find the right load that your rifle likes. Maybe seating further away from the lands will improve accuracy. How far off the lands are you now?
Varget, RL15, TAC, IMR 4064 and IMR 4895 are all great powders in the 308 Win.

JD338

Thanks guys Baltz I loaded up some 47 grains of Varget and will try it next weekend.

The question was where am I at on my OAL. My measurements to the lands were 3.307 I have dropped back to 3.236 to fit my mag. So that is around .07 off the lands.

I have found that the AB's shoot best around 10 to 15 thousands off the lands for me.

Thats what I was afraid of I can't get them that close to the lands. Should have bought partitions. :lol:

I'll probably be using the 308 for the 119a high cascade deer hunt this fall. I have all three noslers on the bench. What i found was the 150gr Partition shoots the best on average. I'm not using it as a long range elk rifle, so the Partition should work for the under 200yds i expect to shoot deer. Last time i was out shooting it, i was getting 2 1/2" 200yrd groups and it was breezy. Close enough in my opinion. Any longer ranges and i'll be packing the 7mm rem mag or the 300win mag anyway.

Back