7mm Mashburn Super RL33 175 Woodleighs

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Did a little speed testing with the new reformed RWS cases and RL33. Everything is looking pretty good so far.

Should have a chance to put them on paper this week. I’m liking 33 so far. I ran it a little in my old Mashburn and it was pretty accurate but I never finished the load.

Always fun to try new things. I'd agree that RL33 looks to be another great component for that big 7. Good stuff, Scotty.

Scotty a 175gr. Woodleigh at 3000fps is going to pack some hurt too those Elk you love to hunt :wink:! I am looking forward to your further range reports on that 7mm Mashburn (y).

Blessings,
Dan

joelkdouglas":2xfc5d3i said:
83.6-84 looks pretty flat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am crossing my fingers and throwing out the good vibes to the two Bob's (Hagel and Farese) that these shoot Joel. I think they will be a stinker on elk if they work like I think they will.

Yeah, those should work real well on elk! Looking forward to your range report.

Very cool, those big Woodleigh's look like they are an awesome bullet.

Dad gum Scotty, a bullet with a SD of .310 at almost 3100 FPS is some serious elk medicine man!
V/R,
Joe

I hope so. Can’t wait to put them on paper. I can’t wait to find an Elk...

Heck, like my old goat partner, I’m always ready to find some more Elk! I’ll get these into jugs soon too. Wanna see how they hold up. I think it’ll be a tough combo to beat if they stand the speed. The 8 twist should help them open as well.

Seems like they may come around adjusting the seating depth a little.

Was this at 200 yards, Scotty? That bullet would be excellent for about anything in NA.

Scotty, I am not comparing the two as admittedly you have the much better rifle and caliber. But I wanted you to know that my 275 H & H with a 175 Woodleigh is a hammer on Sheep and Goats and I would not feel under gunned using it for moose, obviously not a problem for the smaller Caribou. Mine is the H & H version or .287 diameter. So without a doubt your big 7 will bring home dinner

We like the Woodleigh and the 250 works well in the 348 also

My grandfather told me to tell you he is envious of your knowledge and ability

DrMike":2vk7l11a said:
Was this at 200 yards, Scotty? That bullet would be excellent for about anything in NA.

It was at a 100 yards Mike.

Cheyenne, I like the big 7’s. They are super versatile and usually pretty easy to shoot.

What does your grandfather use for powder in your 275? Any idea what sorta speed yours kick the 175 out at?

Scotty,

Wondering if you had a chance to put them into jugs yet? And I would not be surprised if you got darn close to the same size expansion as you did with the bitterroots.

I wonder the velocities Bob Hagel would have gotten out of the 7 Mash if Re-33 was available back in the day......

Back