8mm Wildcat

mr Rigby

Beginner
Jul 10, 2006
I have been thinking on a 8 mm wildcat,based on the .404 case.trimmed a little bit down and given a different shoulder and neck. Would this be something for Nosler to consider and custom chamber in one of the Nosler Custom Rifles?

Bullets i would use would be from 185 grain up to 250 grain .

For the 8 x57IS i have , 200 NP is a good bullet for it and that would be a fine lomgrange bullet in the wildcat.

Sounds a lot like the .325 WSM. Although that might be shorter than you had in mind.

I thought about trim it down to 70 mm and have like a 8mm Rem mag or a . 8mm Weatherby almost.

Unfortunately the 8mm has never taken off in the US. That is the reason that the 325wsm is called that instead of 323wsm which would be more appropriate and correct.

Sadly thats the reality, and wit hteh confsuion tha tstil is surrounding the 8mm rounds that will go on for a long while.

But i liked what Steve comus wrote about the 8x57 IS in the NOsler Manual, he was right on the spot about it.

The 8mm rounds is a very fine diamter and they deserve better,

I would be willing to wager that the 325wsm will add some much need life to the reliable, tried and trued 8mm cartridges.

My 8mm Bertheir Lebel has knocked the crap out of countless Deer since brought into my family in the 1920's. Never failed to put them down on the spot. 8)

Back