Bullet Wish List for 2022

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Let's get your thoughts for new bullet offerings for the next year so Nosler knows what we need.

Reintroduce-
.429" 250 gr PT
.458" 300 gr PT

New bullets-
.257" 120 gr ABLR
.416" 350 gr AB

JD338

Give the smaller 35 bore shooter the best bullet in the world for "deer sized" game.....with a little more range: A 185 or 190 grain .358 Partition. BC would be adequate for close/mid range and a SD of .206 and .212 (rounded) respectively.

The 180 grain Speer flat nose is a VERY good deer bullet.
This would be better........IMO.

2 cents
God Bless
Steve

Especially since the 220 gr 35 cal is now defunct

Songdog":3r7s33sj said:
6mm 105 ABLR, with a real BC of .500+

Second that one..

Maybe some ABLR's for the 22's as well.. A 75-85 grain .224 ABLR would be pretty cool as well.

And Jim's reckoning of the .458 and .429 Partitions would be mighty cool to have back as well.

I love it when the .270 guys want a bullet to compete with the 7mm bullets.... even though 999 out of 1000 .270s are entirely incapable of shooting them.

How about supply that meets demand?

I'm all in for any of the .358's mentioned, but JD, could I convince you to come up to .430 on the 250 gr PT? I find my 1894 shoots .430s much better than the .429s and a 250 gr would be an exceptional bullet from that 20 inch barrel.

FOTIS":q6jq5egw said:

I saw this same information on Midway's site and seen it stated as such elsewhere.

Recalling I've bought a number of things Midway had listed as "Discontinued", I sent an email to Speer asking them straight out if the 220 grain flat nose .358 bullet was, in fact, discontinued.

It's gotten to the point when I see something on Midway that's listed as discontinued......and I want some, I check with the mfg. In most cases the results are just like this one.

I had asked SPEER before I had not kept the email, so I asked again via email.

I have an email, dated today, from Speer clearly stating:

"Steven,

This is false. This bullet is still being made."

From
Cody B./Technical Service Rep.
CCI/Speer/Alliant
2299 Snake River Ave.
Lewiston, ID 83501

(866)286-7436

So......passing this info along. They ARE hard to come by but they pop up on auction some and I've seen a few sites that list them as "in stock" but they only last a couple days.
I'll gladly forward the email to anyone that would like to see it by sending me an email addy in a PM or one could call the number listed above too, I guess.

Like the 180 grain the 220 grain are fantastic bullets for the price, I just prefer the 180 for deer.

God Bless.
Steve

350JR":wyh21f7r said:
FOTIS":wyh21f7r said:

I saw this same information on Midway's site and seen it stated as such elsewhere.

Recalling I've bought a number of things Midway had listed as "Discontinued", I sent an email to Speer asking them straight out if the 220 grain flat nose .358 bullet was, in fact, discontinued.

It's gotten to the point when I see something on Midway that's listed as discontinued......and I want some, I check with the mfg. In most cases the results are just like this one.

I had asked SPEER before I had not kept the email, so I asked again via email.
Thanks for taking the time to find out and sharing to dispel the rumors. Dan.
I have an email, dated today, from Speer clearly stating:

"Steven,

This is false. This bullet is still being made."

From
Cody B./Technical Service Rep.
CCI/Speer/Alliant
2299 Snake River Ave.
Lewiston, ID 83501

(866)286-7436

So......passing this info along. They ARE hard to come by but they pop up on auction some and I've seen a few sites that list them as "in stock" but they only last a couple days.
I'll gladly forward the email to anyone that would like to see it by sending me an email addy in a PM or one could call the number listed above too, I guess.

Like the 180 grain the 220 grain are fantastic bullets for the price, I just prefer the 180 for deer.

God Bless.
Steve

JD338":2rst2dmr said:
Let's get your thoughts for new bullet offerings for the next year so Nosler knows what we need.

Reintroduce-
.429" 250 gr PT
.458" 300 gr PT

New bullets-
.257" 120 gr ABLR
.416" 350 gr AB

JD338
Man I’d be all over that 350 AB in .416

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back