Buyers beware of Southern Defence!

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
I recently ordered 5 boxes of 69gr 223 ammo from them, their website wants to automatically add a $4 shipping insurance fee. I removed it Twice, but when I went to check out It reappears again so I CANCELED the order.....
I then waited 5 mins or so and reordered it again making sure the shipping insurance was not added. Today BOTH orders arrived with shipping insurance added in TWO boxes with DOUBLE Shipping . I called them immediately and discussed all this and they said their was Nothing they could do to help me !!! I asked them why they had ripped me off and charged me double shipping charges, the simply sent it as TWO separate orders for exact same thing....
NEVER again for me. They couldn't care less about your problems , and the website is most certainly. Rigged to add the insurance to every order....... they are another scam site, you will be sorry if you get mixed up with them....
E

Here is their reply about all this!
Honestly, we don’t care about your review. You were a complete ass to our customer service rep. You made a mistake and placed two orders and we shipped two orders. Your review and posts mean nothing to us, because this was not our fault. Be sure to send us links to your reviews so we can respond to them and provide the facts backed by our credit card processor and merchant reports and show the world you’re just a very confused person.

Take your business elsewhere.

You should reach out to your card holder and explain that you cancelled the order and were double charged. They will probably investigate and if they don't make it right, the card issuer will do a forced charge back. I had the same happen with some coveralls I bought. I mistakenly ordered the wrong size, so I canceled that order, got the cancellation confirmation and ordered the right size. I was charged for and received both. The seller wasn't interested in responding to me, they ignored my card issuer's investigation efforts, so about 45 days later I got a refund to my card and they got a forced chargeback. It would have been better if they just ignored your reviews instead of attacking you. I'll be sure to stay away from them.

A few years back Midway had a sale on Timney triggers for Mausers. I ordered two and they sent them as two seperate orders with two seperate shipping charges. I haven't done business with them since. BTW, the triggers worked just fine. as I knew they would. I can't say for other rifles but the Mauser one is very easy to adjust.
Paul B.

After a little research I found DOZENS of complaints on the net on these birds and their " shipping scams". Here are just 2 pages but there is lots more........ If you get involved with these folks you will be sorry!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240526_210951_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240526_210951_Chrome.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20240526_210924_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240526_210924_Chrome.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20240528_100443_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240528_100443_Chrome.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 5
The joys of doing business online. The facade which is internet anonymity is largely to thank for scam websites and lousy customer service.

Back