Cabela's Euro is coming....

Scotty,

The Euro was a hair shorter than the Conquest in overall length, seemed similar in weight, and seemed to just be really well made.

I took the two scopes into the Whitetail Country exhibit in Cabela's which is pretty dimly lit. Then I looked at light fixtures and a red lit up EXIT sign.

The clarity difference was unreal. The Zeiss is, of course, quite good. The Euro is undeniably better in clarity and brightness. One thing I've noticed lately that I do not like with the Conquest is there is an increased tendency to get a "coke bottle" effect when not aligned exactly with the ocular. I don't know how else to describe it.

Lens flair was noticably less with the Euro when looking at stark bright fluorescent light fixtures.

I was not expecting such a result, to be honest. The Euro was the same price to the penny, and is very much a better scope optically.

One thing about getting stationed in Europe while serving.... The glass spoiled me big time.

In hindsight I should have bought tons of it then!

I just checked out the ad for them and they look very nice. The only hangup I have with the others, besides the 3x9's are the darn 50mm obj's. Other than that, they look pretty nice for the money. Cabelas might have hit a home run with them. They also look to be made in the USA as well. Pretty nice feature.

Fotis, was the Euro glass less expensive while you were in Germany? Just wondering as my buddies father is a retired 2 star that still lives there (Germany). Maybe he can bring us them from Germany! Scootty

beretzs":3tujk3je said:
I just checked out the ad for them and they look very nice. The only hangup I have with the others, besides the 3x9's are the darn 50mm obj's. Other than that, they look pretty nice for the money. Cabelas might have hit a home run with them. They also look to be made in the USA as well. Pretty nice feature.

Fotis, was the Euro glass less expensive while you were in Germany? Just wondering as my buddies father is a retired 2 star that still lives there (Germany). Maybe he can bring us them from Germany! Scootty

Scotty, the Euro comes with a 40mm objective. I had one with that size bell in my hand less than 24 hours ago.

Sorry Tom, what I meant was that besides the 3x9's they list 50mm objs for the 4x12 and upper range scopes. I see the 3x9's are just about identical to the Conquests like you said. Scotty

It's probably staring me in the face, but does anybody have an idea what the EXT reticle looks like?

BK":1freuyu0 said:
It's probably staring me in the face, but does anybody have an idea what the EXT reticle looks like?

It's a basic ballistic reticle, nothing fancy about it. It's shown in the print catalogs for Cabela's. Just stadia lines on the lower portion of the reticle. I believe they are calibrated to a 30-06 with a 165gr bullet, from what I've heard.

About 2/3 of my rifles wear European glass. There is a reason. This old man's eyes need all the help he can get. I like Leupold, but I truly love Swarovski, Zeiss and Kahles. I suspect that I would rejoice in Minox just as much.

From some calls on the phone ive found the Meopta actually makes the CONQUEST line...

The glass maybe Zeiss which is made from multiple facilities.

Call MEOPTa and talk to them..

When you ask specific questions and people do not confirm nor deny specifics then you can make yrou own decisiions.

JMTC

But remember, you do get what you pay for... bu the best point is... a scope that cost $500 and then you look at another scope for $1500, question you have to ask yourself is that $1500 scope better perform the other by $1000... The better question is a $2000 Nightforce better then $1000 Zeiss... thats the question... is 60 more MOA worth $1000...

Check it out befor eyou buy..

Back