can't decide HELP ME

barthowes

Beginner
Feb 20, 2010
I keep flip flopping between two rifles.

Savage 116 accustock in 30-06 $600 or....
Weatherby sub MOA 30-06 $700

I would be leaving these rifles OE.. No fiddling or gunsmithing....
I will be handloading

What are your opinions

Two fine rifles. You won't go wrong with either. Each has their advocates, and few have anything bad to say about either.

Weatherby SUB MOA! Very nicely put together rifles and they are shooters. Savages are nice also, but I think the SUB MOA is a very nice rifle. Good luck, don't think you can make a bad choice! Scotty

My bro has a savage 308 with the accu stock. It is a shooter and feels like a very well put together rifle. He shot a five shot group with it last week that is in the .2-.3" range.

I would go savage and put the $100 extra into optics.

If the Savage has the accu-trigger get it. If you don't like the caliber or just want to change calibers you can screw on a new barrel yourself in must a few minutes.

I'm a Remington fan - No Savages short of the kids cub t in the safe, but continally hear phenominal positive comments about them.

Recently just added the first Weatherby to my safe in a .270wsm Sub moa. I really like the feel of this gun and has been a shooter from day one.

Good luck and let us know what you choose.

I have mostly Remingtons in my cabinet and have had a Savage good shooting rifle. I would like a Vanguard but they do not not make it for a lefty:(

Blessings,
Dan

Nice, can't wait to see it. Always nice looking at new rifles to get the itch! Scotty

barthowes,

You won't be sorry with the Savage. As I said earlier, you can't go wrong with the choice you proposed.

barthowes":3lzgbvkl said:

I will be handloading

What are your opinions

S A V A G E. Weatherbys only the german made.

Being a Weatherby guy, I would go with the Vanguard. You won't regret it. It also is one of the best looking rifles on the market imo. :grin: :grin:

CZ":erkxdbr5 said:
barthowes":erkxdbr5 said:

I will be handloading

What are your opinions

Why only the german made? I have a custom that is a German Mark V and the American made Mark V has tighter tolerance than the German or Japanese made Mark V's

The Vanguard although Japanese made has to meet certain specs that are at the present higher tolerances and specs than ever before on the Vanguard.

bullet":3cp71ivg said:
CZ":3cp71ivg said:
barthowes":3cp71ivg said:

I will be handloading

What are your opinions

Why only the german made? I have a custom that is a German Mark V and the American made Mark V has tighter tolerance than the German or Japanese made Mark V's

The Vanguard although Japanese made has to meet certain specs that are at the present higher tolerances and specs than ever before on the Vanguard.

Would you explain me tighter tolerances in what..... headspace,boltface, or........ I havent seen a American or japan made Bee finished as those germans blueing a la SAUER.
Ive had on the past various Weatherbys, I dont have none one in my safe
getting older and like much better syntetic Remys accurized with great
american barrels-broughton-.and jewell triggers,hihi.

CZ, my gun smith who is an expert on putting Mark V customs together actually has had conversations with the techs and machine shop at Weatherby. The tolerances in all respects are tighter, better machined and the metal used is stronger with a superior process being used. The American made Mark V is in all respects a better built rifle.

Also, my american made Mark V's are much easier to work the blots with less wobble than my German receiver even though ever so slight.

barthowes let us know how it shoots. I am thinking about getting the long range hunter with the accustock in 6.5-284.

bullet":3ltmgf47 said:
CZ, my gun smith who is an expert on putting Mark V customs together actually has had conversations with the techs and machine shop at Weatherby. The tolerances in all respects are tighter, better machined and the metal used is stronger with a superior process being used. The American made Mark V is in all respects a better built rifle.

Also, my american made Mark V's are much easier to work the blots with less wobble than my German receiver even though ever so slight.

maybe better machinery this days, but in my thinking if I were thinking and said thinking because i wouldnt buy one this days would try to find one a la SAUER which to my eye are much better than the Amer or Japan
made. And any argue with your custom gunsmith he does that for living.
By the way have you got any good trigger for your Bee I didnt found
one when I had my 7mm and .300.

Back