Cooper 6mm BR

Posit

Beginner
Nov 1, 2007
I'm thinking about buying a Cooper Mdl 22 in 6mm BR. Its a pretty thing... but don't know much about Cooper Arms, or 6mm BR, other than what is available on the web. Any opinions, thoughts, personal experiences?

I shoot varmints and targets; longest distance range I can access is 850 yards. I handload, so interested in any specific considerations for loading this caliber.

Any value considerations? 100 rounds thru the one I'm looking at. Seems that Cooper takes pride in the beauty of the stock/grain of their products, which is not of much interest to me (I buy to shoot)- but I'm certain the quality walnut adds to the cost....

I have some friends that have several Cooper rim fires and a few center fire rifles. They are very well made an accurate. If you plan on shooting out to 850 yds. with the 6 br you probably need a 1-7 twist barrel so you can shoot the 107gr. bullets.

Called the seller last night, told him I'll buy it. Price is fair... but now have to get the loading set up, components, etc- more business for Midway... probqbly want a new scope... think I'm going to invest at least the cost of the rifle to get it shooting, but that's where much of the fun is. All my other stuff shoots the way I want them to, so its a new "project" .

After research and comments received, my only reservation is the twist rate; Cooper makes these with a 1-14" twist. Seems a little slow for a rifle which is supposed to be extremely accurate out to 600 yards (or more).

Thanks for the input--

Back