Crawfish Etoufee

JDMAG

Handloader
Aug 15, 2006
2bs Crawfish
1.5 sticks of butter
2 onions(I use about 8 to 10 small green onions chopped up)
1 large bell pepper (any color)
2 cans rotel tomatoes
2 cans Golden brown mushroom soup
2 Cloves Garlic- chopped
2 celery sticks diced

Melt butter in pan;then add onions, Bell pepper and garlic. On low heat cook until onions are soft. Add 2 Tbs. of flour, and stir it in. if it starts to stick, add a little more butter. As the flour begins to turn light brown it may stick some more. add Crawfish and enough water to cover the Crawfish. (about 1.5 inches.)
Add Mushroom soup and stir slowly. add all other seasonings. Put the lid on, but leave a crack on one side for steam to escape. cook about 30 minutes.
You want it to cook down to barely above the Crawfish but still with juice in it. Turn off heat and cover. stir every 2-3 minutes,then let set for at least 5 minutes before serving.

JDMAG,

Looks like a good recipe. I've seen some crawfish in the lakes up here....I know the small mouth bass really like them. But have no clue what kind they are. Are all craws good to eat?

Long

to my knowledge they are. I buy mine when I am at the gulf coast on a job. When I was a kid, I caught them all day long from the creek beside my home. I had no idea you could eat them back then. I could have been a millionire if I'd just known! but it does take quite a few to make a pound! you only use the tail meat. :grin:

Way to go JDMAG. My favorite cajun dish.. Everytime I am in OKC, I gotta have some.. However, the only places I know for sure whre to get some is Pearls Cajun Kitchen and some of the Popeyes Chicken have it...

Longwinters, that aint the same crawdad. Use use salad shrimp for an easy replacement..

I have tried some rather detailed recipes before, but always mess up the roux.. Gonna have try some of that there recipe, thanks..

MMmm and a side of red beans & hushpuppies...

Rod

Back