E-Tip

pretty much every rifle i have over .243 and under 40 will eventually do the same thing. Different strokes for different folks. As long as they are coming out with a lead free bullet that's a good thing because however the left coast goes all the other sheople will follow unfortunately. Better to be prepared than out of business in my opinion.

We have lots of Bald Eagles in the U.P and more gut piles than most states with over 1 million hunters. Never heard of eagles dying from lead ingestion.

Long

I want one in 243 caliber, 6.5 cal, and 7mm cal. Also, give me the lighter weights as I want velosity in my 7mm-08, and 240 wby.

Nice job Nosler, you will get my business. I'm tired of Barnes BS anyway.

wildbio_13":3cw1cw85 said:
some relevant info here:
http://www.projectgutpile.org/hunting.html
Especially interesting to see the xrays showing lead fragments in gutpiles and carcasses

Now I know the reason for my steadily declining IQ! Anyway, I believe the writing is on the wall, and the days of lead shot and bullets are numbered. Might as well start checking out the alternatives now.

I notice someone has a tungston alloy Partition type bullet.
Some say use tungston to avoid lead hazards at the range, but a study
of a military base showed that tungston INCREASES the rapidity of
lead transfer to ground water of the lead already at the shooting area.

Also tungston shows some evidence of being involved with the leukemia
outbreak in kids at Fallon, NV from the military base.

I think Nolser is right on with the e-tip for things you want to eat.
Still think cast bullets (lead) are just fine for the range, assuming proper
drainage (or lack of).

Nosler,

Any word yet on additional calibers and weights to be offered?

JD338

Nosler

Don't forget the .416. The E-Tip would make one fine safari round. It would also be perfect for elk, moose and big bears. I really love the A/B but a .257 E-Tip of about 100 grs. would work nice at Weatherby and 25-06 velocities. As mentioned earlier an 8mm of about 170 grs with a high b/c would be fantastic. :grin:
Good Hunting
Elkhunt

Just to comment on the possible lead bullet ban. We are not saying that it is right or wrong, but it looks like it is coming to more places than some might realize. If I heard correctly, Massachusetts is in line and a rumor about Michigan popped up. Arizona has talked about it also. Not to mention Europe. The E-Tip does shoot great and hits hard. The cost will be more than an AccuBond, but less than a Partition. As far as other calibers and weights go, we will have to wait and see.

Greg Nolan":svsos1tc said:
As mentioned earlier an 8mm of about 170 grs with a high b/c would be fantastic. :grin:

I would like to see an 8mm in something like 190gr, or maybe even 200gr, with an exceptionally high BC. That would make a great round out of my 8x57, with a 200gr leaving at about 2650-2700fps, I could make a mean elk rifle out of it. Of course, the 180gr BT is already a mean elk round, as well as quite a deerslayer.

Well it's pretty obvious Nosler has done it again and they have a huge audience waiting with (Baited Breath) to buy the E-Tip, so bring em on! If you would (Nosler) show us some hunting successes like you did with the AccuBond that would be grand. I think the reports are already in and forthcomming in a Hunting Mag. near you soon but a little preview would be nice. I volunteer to use the E-Tip for elk this year if you have the .375, .338 or better yet .416 available by september. OK Nosler the gauntlet has been thrown down. I'm shameless in my quest for a good .416 bullet in 350 gr. or so.
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

I volunteer my services if they would like me to field test some 30 cal 200gn E-tips in my 300RUM. I'll even try 180gn in the RUM. I'm going to Idaho for an elk/muley/bear (have tags/receipt for tags already) and hopefully if lady luck smiles upon me a moose tag.

What'd ya say Nosler????? Please??????

Oh, I'm not going to apologize for my begging. :grin:

Better yet, I'll test some out on some CA hogs. :wink:

NO WAY..... I won't shoot a bullet thet don't have lead in'it.
Smitty of the North

SOTN":2swc3hie said:
Smitty of the North

That's fine until your state bans the use of lead bullets. California is almost at that point, an several other states are looking to ban lead bullets as well.

Richracer1":1qvfkoif said:
SOTN":1qvfkoif said:
Smitty of the North

That's fine until your state bans the use of lead bullets. California is almost at that point, an several other states are looking to ban lead bullets as well.

Yup, for some our hands are tied.Remember, its the anti's that are going to extreams to ban all hunting any way they can.
Nosler's E-Tip give us an option.

JD338

Just got this in.

Overall length is 1.475" This is for the 30 cal 180 of course.

Hmmm... I wonder if that's a tad longer than my 1:12 twist .308 will stabilize.

It shoots conventional 125 - 168 grain bullets very well. Not quite as wonderful with 175's and 180's but not real bad.

I haven't ever tried 200's in it... Velocity wouldn't be squat either...

FWIW, Guy

Two new bullets since last edition of Nosler Reloading Manual, first the Accupoint and now the E-tip. When could we expect to see the Nosler Reloading Manual sixth edition ? Reloading data published on internett is ok, but there`s nothing like the feeling of a brand new unopened reloading manual in your hand.............

I see that Nosler has a #6 coming out this summer, according to Cabelas. I suspect the E-Tip won't be in it, but that's just my suspicion.

Back