Easy Recipe

MattStevens

Beginner
Feb 23, 2005
I made this last night; it was fantastic. Found it on Colorado Division of Wildlife Web Page, so it hard to say it's my own. I did tweak it a bit. Even the wife loved it and she can be fussy about venison. Give it a try.

Matt’s Italian Peppered Venison Over Rice

1. 2 to 4 venison steaks, or other tender cut. Cut into strips
2. 1 to 2 cans of cut tomatoes Italian (1-2 depending on amount of venison steaks used and the number you wish to feed).
3. 1 can of water
4. 1 medium to large yellow onion (sliced)
5. 1 large green bell pepper (sliced)
6. salt & pepper (to taste)
7. red pepper flakes (to taste)
8. oregano, or Italian seasoning (to taste)
9. 1 to 2 cups of rice prepared

Very lightly cover strips of venison in flour seasoned with black pepper. Fry venison in hot olive oil. Add onions and brown. Add tomatoes, water and green bell pepper. Simmer for approximately 45 minutes. Add red pepper, salt and pepper, oregano/Italian seasoning. Lightly simmer for another ten minutes. Server over white rice.

Note: Use one can of stewed tomatoes if you use two steaks and two if you use four. It hard to mess it up.

Thats a standard great venison recipie. I have used it (minus the oregano) quite a few times. It also goes good on potatoes. It is one of those foods that makes me :grin:

Long

longwinters":bhy5d4m2 said:
Thats a standard great venison recipie. I have used it (minus the oregano) quite a few times. It also goes good on potatoes. It is one of those foods that makes me :grin:

Long

++1 ! :wink:

JD338

Back