Feelin' Rich

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
So just sitting here in my reloading room, looking up at my open cabinet of components and other cabinet of ammo. Decided to do a couple searches on gun broker, it just makes me shake my head and puts a little smile on my face seeing what i have. I know we've brought it up here several times but it is seriously ridiculous what people are willing to pay.

Another thing i am realizing if I decided to get a new rifle I'd be smart to stick with a caliber i have supplies for.

Slimfinn":3mnk8dmm said:
So just sitting here in my reloading room, looking up at my open cabinet of components and other cabinet of ammo. Decided to do a couple searches on gun broker, it just makes me shake my head and puts a little smile on my face seeing what i have. I know we've brought it up here several times but it is seriously ridiculous what people are willing to pay.

Another thing i am realizing if I decided to get a new rifle I'd be smart to stick with a caliber i have supplies for.

I like having a few oddballs around, if you wanna call 250 savage, 35 rem, 8x57 and 348 Win oddballs. But whether it be 30-06 in my case, or a 308 win, or 270, the plain jane cartridges sure are nice in times like these.

I got a stupid amount of 30-06 brass I gathered up over the last several yrs.......don't know why I have so much, just do. 30 cal bullets are generally still the easiest to get or come available more often, at least on Midway.

ShadeTree":3phxj46w said:
I like having a few oddballs around, if you wanna call 250 savage, 35 rem, 8x57 and 348 Win oddballs. But whether it be 30-06 in my case, or a 308 win, or 270, the plain jane cartridges sure are nice in times like these.

I got a stupid amount of 30-06 brass I gathered up over the last several yrs.......don't know why I have so much, just do. 30 cal bullets are generally still the easiest to get or come available more often, at least on Midway.

I'm the same, kinda funny because when this first started and there was still ammo on the shelf but after all of the common stuff was gone, there were still several choices for 260 and 25-06 at sportsmans and a LGS but no 6.5CM, 270, 308, 3006 or 300wm.

I tell ya what makes me smile most are the boxes of 143gr ELDX I have on the shelf, granted they are seconds from midway but my gun cant tell, I know my cost is well under a buck, but using current GB pricing those rounds would be $3+

Yeah, prices are scandalous and that's if you even find stuff. My local shops have a bunch of odds and ends for ammo, nothing at all for components.

I'm very happy my hunting rifles are squared away for some time. I had though about branching out into a new cartridge, but I'm thinking I'll hold off yet for a while.

Saw a brick of Hornady 22 Mag was available at a local place I prefer to support. (Cappra's SG) Price worked out to just over $17.00 for 50 rds. Thats $175 for the brick. Thats about $6.00 a box more than a box I bought last winter. I just cant..... not feelin rich. Just gouged ... and I know there are much worse stories out there. CL

CL, my LGS currently has .22 LR selling for $16 for a box of 50. I had to look twice to make sure I saw that right. I'm not a hoarder, but at that price I'm a rich man in .22 ammo.

Back