First Kills with the M48 280AI (Up Dated)

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
We went out to the farm yesterday afternoon to crop damage deer hunt. This was Sue's first time hunting with her new Nosler M48 280 AI. The rifle is topped off with a Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40mm with a CDS dial and loaded with a 140 gr BT at 3180 fps. She has shot this on steel at 300, 400 and 600 yds. Sue was put in a blind over looking a bean field. The deer were in the beans when we arrived so she had to wait them out for their return. About 30 minutes before dark, a nice doe presented Sue with a broad side shot at 250 yds. Sue put the cross hairs behind the shoulder and sent a 140 gr BT on its way. The doe mule kicked and disappeared from her sight. By the time we got to Sue, it was getting pretty dark. We found signs of the hit and found the doe about 50 yards away. All the practice has paid off for Sue. She did a great job!
IMG_20150711_215816908.jpg

JD338

Congratulations to the new huntress. Looks to be the beginning of some fine victuals for the table.

Yeah you got to love a woman who can kill dinner and bring it home and cook it too.
Great job on bringing home the Venison.

Please pass along my congratulations to Sue for me Jim!

I'm doing some work on my reloading set up and will have a bunch of ammo ready soon.... Need to play w/ my 280 AI out to 400 and I hear there's a club out by you where I can do that?? ;) ?

Congrats to Sue on that beautiful doe, that deer is going to taste great.

Congratulations Sue that is a very nice doe (y). There will be some good eating for the next little while.
The 280AI sure did the job!! Good shooting (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Congratulations Sue, you did a very fine job. I would suspect congratulations are also in order to Jim, whom I assume was her coach

Thank you all for your congrats and comments, it is appreciated. Sue did well. She waited for the right shot and made it count.
The following night, we enjoyed a feast of fresh backstrap and potatoes.
IMG_20150712_202414543.jpg

Simply delishious!

JD338

I hope that you and Sue enjoyed that meal it looked fit for a king (y)!!
Again good job Sue!!!

Blessings,
Dan

Back