Half a million rounds disappears from Cabelas

"Officials believe the New Castle County location was targeted due to its "hands-off approach to shoplifting."

This is the problem, past cultures would cut off a hand for theft. Not anymore, criminals are coddled and protected. Fear of offending certain "people ".

I just want everyone to realize that retail theft isn't absorbed by the retailer, that cost is handed down to the hard working, paying customers!
Not just at that location but also in your local Cabelas.

I simply can not believe that ammunition was allowed to be stolen!
What does anyone think a criminal is going to do with ammunition!

I don't know why we pay for stuff. If you steal under a $1000.00 they don't arrest you. Wth how STUPID are these law makers. Well i gue ss it's because law makers steal from us and they can afford the price increases. Look at the Bidens. Hunter lies on the purchase of a firearms and gets nothing. When i was a kid if i stole a penny candy i got a sore ass.

That whole story seems a little odd to me. Did it actually take a full year for Cabelas to realize that 99% of their ammo was being stolen? Why would any retailer leave small, high dollar merchandise out in the open? The CVS near me even locks up the Tylenol, and I live in a good neighborhood.
Suggesting that the ammo is going to be used by criminals is interesting. Wasn't the ammo in cartridges used by sportsmen? Street thugs don't use .308, 30-30, 300Win mag. Maybe only the bulk .223 was stolen but the article doesn't suggest that.

Look for guys selling quantities of factory ammo on the internet and you'll likely find some of the thieves.

I would assume that all major retailers, especially a firearm retailer, would have cameras all over the place. I'd also assume that a giant like Cabelas would have all sorts of theft detection systems and personnel in place. A retailer can't survive without them. Like I said, "something is odd about this story".

I would assume that all major retailers, especially a firearm retailer, would have cameras all over the place. I'd also assume that a giant like Cabelas would have all sorts of theft detection systems and personnel in place. A retailer can't survive without them. Like I said, "something is odd about this story".
Camera's are in Home Depot and Lowe's and thet are walking out with washers and dryer's. Nothing is stopping these asshole's.

Back