hey nosler, next caliber for rifle!!

hofts

Beginner
Mar 12, 2006
seriously if you guys would make a rifle in 6.5 x 55 swede and or 35 whelen, i think you would be surprised how many rifles you sell. most forums are chalked full of talk of these two old timers, and the comeback they are making.

i would like to see the 6.5 swede in model 48 sporter, with a different colored stock to separate it from my 270 wsm sporter.

great rifles.!

but i suppose there is some problem with older rifles out there that can't handle properly charged ammo.

actually, what you need is a 6.5x55 swede ackley-improved, there now we have your next rifle!!

The 35 Whelen would be a good one for sure.

JD338

6.5x55, 35 Whelen, I like it! What other calibers would you all like to see? I keep hoping for a 375H&H or a 416 Rigby... :grin:

I'd love to see a rifle in 375 H&H Mag. Great for Alaska or Africa, plus it passes the Two Dot test. Is the NCR action long enough? To be a DGR it would need CRF. Is that too much to ask...retool the factory boys! I'll buy the first one.

There *is* a lot of chatter on the Intenet, but translating that into rifle sales seems tough. You can look at where the 6.5X55 and .35 Whelen have been chambered, and they just limp along.

Die sales are not that high either.

jim

How about a 338RUM or even a 338WM. I'd buy either one even though I have a Browning 338WM now.

There is a 300wsm, 280AI and a 270 win. Since you guys have the North American big game covered how about something for the varmints.
Something to "leave them mistified" :grin:

Well- if they chambered one in 250-3000 Savage there would just be another rifle out there that Ihave to have that I cant afford. :) Make it unique, a .25WSM. Then they would have a new balistic performer as well. CL

I would think the .30-'06 would have to be a choice pretty soon. When I ordered my most recent custom rifle that is the cartridge I chose (a NULA M24). The old '06 still carries the mail for the rifle numbers game.

The NULA shoots the Nosler Custom Ammunition really well, so I expect that would be true in an NCR too. ;)

jim

I think that a 35 Whelen would be just what the doctor ordered, what a sweet round to load for and shoot and does it ever put the game down in a hurry. Had a 700 CDL in 35 Whelen, wished I still had it because of the cartridge and would be very, very tempted to buy one if Nosler built one in 35 Whelen. I think I would go to the bank if they did. If not the 35 Whelen then it would be wise to do it in 30-06.

I'm leaning toward a Waetherby cartridge. Wouldn't a 257 or a 300 wby mag be nice? Remington's trying the 257, but I haven't heard anything about the rifle.

I haven't heard how the Remington in 257Wby shoots either. I tell you what though, I think I would really like the Nosler 280AI they have produced. I really like that round. It will be very interesting to see what Nosler does come out with and frankly I can't wait to hear.

I may consider buying the next Nosler Custom, as long as it's 243 or larger and not a really weird cartridge, next year as my Air Force retirement present.

I have been thinking where Nosler should go with their next caliber choice, and I think they should consider the .375 Ruger.

You can use it in North America and Africa, and it fits in standard length actions.

I life my Ruger African, but a higher scale rifle would be really good.

jim

HunterJim":11w5pxke said:
I have been thinking where Nosler should go with their next caliber choice, and I think they should consider the .375 Ruger.

You can use it in North America and Africa, and it fits in standard length actions.

I life my Ruger African, but a higher scale rifle would be really good.

jim
..........................I`ll drink to that one!!!........You just watch! They are a coming and not just from Ruger either! The Howa M1500 (ordered one), will be available in the fall. CZ has one coming out and I believe that eventually Browning, Savage, and many others will follow suit and the .375 Ruger will become available in the customs as well...........Up until about a year ago, the world of the 375`s strictly revolved around the 375 H&H! Many would still like to think so!.........The Ruger round is more efficient, better looking, holds more powder, is available in lighter and shorter DG rifles and its 20" tubed performance is capable of 24" tubed .375 H&H performance!...........IMO, given the same performance and accuracy, lighter, quicker and shorter rigs are much better. While the eventual liklihood in displacing or de-throning the H&H is very small, the .375 Ruger nevertheless, is for sure on its way up on the popularity list among the 375`s. Not just because of the cartridge itself, but also for the rifles chambered in it................

Hey, Big Squeeze, if we go hunting together you won't mind if I call you and your 375 Ruger little brother will you??? :lol: :lol:

bullet":1z3wyyxa said:
Hey, Big Squeeze, if we go hunting together you won't mind if I call you and your 375 Ruger little brother will you??? :lol: :lol:
....................Well!......No doubt I am younger than you and more than likely better lookin too!!!!!!!!!!!...........In that regard `lil bro won`t be tooooo bad!!!............Your 300 gr. velocity shows 2783 fps. with your 375 Wby. I figure that my .375 Ruger with its 20" tube will produce between 2600 to 2650 fps. using 300 grainer reloads!!!..........Not too much of a `lil bro now is it????!!!!!.......

Back