Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
License Type: Results Area/Type

Resident Antelope Successful 047-1
Resident Doe/Fawn Antelope Successful 047-6
Resident Elk Successful 011-1

And my boy drew 2 antelope too!

Congrats on the tags POP. Its always nice when they come back saying "successfull". I am so jealous you get to hunt antelope every year.

I went to wyoming my freshman year in HS with my dad and a few family members for antelope. I ended up getting the biggest one at little over 14" with my 300 Win/180g nbt's at about 250 yards. The area was #78. I was staying with a family members uncle who had a very nice ranch. The town was called Greybull.

Hopefully next year I'll be in Montana and I'll be seeing the word "successfull" in the future.

Area 11, any elk.
VERY NICE. :grin: :grin:
The old burn one the watershed board with area 12 is a great area for elk, or at least it was 20 years ago. It's one of my favorite area's, I was just never lucky enough to draw it.

Congratulations Fotis to the both of you.

JD338

You lucky rascal. Congrats on the tags but it looks like your going to need another freezer.

I also drew the same elk tag.We'll go up a week early and do some fishing on Lake Avery while we wait for opening day to unlease the 300 RUM with some 200 AB elk loads.

All I gotta figure out is what rifle to use...

thanks all.

Congrats Pop!

My hunting pard and I drew Wyoming non-resident tags for mule deer!

We each managed a buck and two doe tags! :grin: Will be hunting up in the NW corner of the state, not far from Cody. Gotta love it! I'm so pumped! :grin:

Way to go Pop 8)
Fun huntin and good eats for sure :grin:
Next year will be the year of the antelope for JDMAG and me and a few others. Hope to see you this time.
You really need to bring a few rifles along so none of them feel left out.
Works for me :roll:
Good Hunting
Greg

Greg Nolan":2snsdnvd said:
Way to go Pop 8)
Next year will be the year of the antelope for JDMAG and me and a few others. Hope to see you this time.
Good Hunting
Greg
That would be one BODACIOUS hunt! it will be any way! but it would sure be great to see you there Pop!
Congrats on the Tags! :grin:
JDMAG

good for you!! This is where the fun starts!!! Keep us up to date on your plans. I will be hunting vicariously through you. CL

JDMAG":35n8e9an said:
Greg Nolan":35n8e9an said:
Way to go Pop 8)
Good Hunting
Greg
That would be one BODACIOUS hunt! it will be any way! but it would sure be great to see you there Pop!
Congrats on the Tags! :grin:
JDMAG

I am sooo in!!!!! :wink:

Antelope_Sniper":1ay3wo1v said:
CL, you should check into the Wyoming handicap tags.
They will let you shoot from the Pickup! :grin:

absolutely!

Well congrats POP. My bro and I put in for some wyoming speed goats but didn't have any luck. Maybe next year. Looking at maybe an over the counter whitetail tag for Idaho this year to make up for it. we'll see.

Best of luck on the hunts to you and your son. Hardest part will be picking the right rifle :?

Outstanding POP!! Way to go!

Hope you take a big one.

I will be buying a preference point next week for the 2010 Antelope draw. I hope I can be fortunate, like you, and draw a buck tag.

If you haven't hunted Pronghorns, you are missing out on a really fun time. Lots of animals to look over and the weather is usually mild. They are a challenge to hunt and IMHO, one of the prettiest animals in North America.

Have fun and be safe!

Paul

A big one would be nice but on speed goats I am out there more for my boy, than me. So size does matter...but for my boy only. Me. I do not care.

Right on POP!
We are still waiting to see the results of our limited entry draws here in B.C. Probably another ten days yet. My goat draw ( Mt. goat not speed goat that is) is a gimme at .8 to 1 and antlerless mule deer at 1.6 to 1 is a pretty good bet, any of the others( bison, caribou, grizz, elk, moose, big horn sheep) would be real exciting but the odds are high.

It's neat to see you can draw more than one tag for the same species where you are. Here you can only submit one draw per species, you have to choose what sex or age to try for.
Best of luck to you and your son, make sure you post some pics of your sucsess.
6 K

Back