I finally caved, Merry Christmas!

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
20221127_183506.jpg
LGS had 10% off all firearms for the Black Friday weekend. Hmmm'd and haaa'd for the about it when i first saw it a few weeks ago, Ive wanteda 6" 10mm for quite awhile. Then the sale happened and the wife said it would be all i got for Christmas. So went in last Sunday and picked it up, got it home put it in the safe and came back north for work, can't wait to get home Thursday, hope to get to the range.
Sure beats a new pair of socks.....

10mm rocks for a hunting pistol! Ask me how I know!

Thanks for all the comments.
I'd like to give a range report but, when the wife asked what i had planned for the day I said i was thinking about taking that new pistol to the range. Well the tone of the comment "I thought that was for Christmas?" And the look that came with it, let me know it was in my best interest to just keep it in the safe until Christmas. ☺️

I'd like to give a range report but, when the wife asked what i had planned for the day I said i was thinking about taking that new pistol to the range. Well the tone of the comment "I thought that was for Christmas?" And the look that came with it, let me know it was in my best interest to just keep it in the safe until Christmas. ☺️
Smart man. It will be worth the way.

JD338

Always wise to listen to Mama when it comes to Christmas gifts! She likely rules the house.

Hey, at least you got it, know what it is and don't have to wait till Christmas to find out. All good. Dan.

Was able to run a few mags through it this week, love how it shoots and very accurate. Will have to decide on a hunting load for it and get it tuned for that. I added the light, streamlight TLR-1 HL, haven't shot it with it on yet. Kinda funny how small it looks in the gun with a 6" barrel compared to others you see with the same light

20221228_190746.jpg

Cool!

I'm kinda wanting to pick up a 5" 10mm. What's factory ammo and/or brass availability like these days?

Cool!

I'm kinda wanting to pick up a 5" 10mm. What's factory ammo and/or brass availability like these days?
Factory ammo has been available, runs $0.60 to $0.80 per round for FMJ range type ammo.

Cool!

I've used a crap ton of starline in my 10's without any issues (2 glocks, xdm, m&p and pcc).

Back