I'm In The Club...Getting My First Nosler Soon

xphunter

Handloader
Sep 15, 2005
I just need to go fill out the paperwork.
Picatinny rail arrived today, and I will be using one of Nosler's brakes as well.
I have gone back and forth with this for several years.
I am glad I waited as there is a much better trigger now for it.
Maybe you guys will let me stay on the forum now...
Will add pics, once it is in hand
Nosler 48 Independence Bolt Action Pistol - 6mm Creedmoor

Congratulations Ernie. I keep eyeing those Nosler specialty pistols. They seem like they are set to go right out of the box.
Post some pictures when you get her home.

JD338
Everyone I have seen shoot in competent hands has been sub 1/2 MOA, and some of them much tighter, even at distance.
The grip is my biggest issue

Everyone I have seen shoot in competent hands has been sub 1/2 MOA, and some of them much tighter, even at distance.
The grip is my biggest issue
What is the issue with the grip Ernie? I thought they were using the AR-15 style grips and come with a Hogue over molded rubber grip with finger grooves.

JD338

What is the issue with the grip Ernie? I thought they were using the AR-15 style grips and come with a Hogue over molded rubber grip with finger grooves.

JD338
The ergonomics of a good AR grip versus a specialty pistol are a bit different.
The grip angle of the McMillan center-grip stocks are great. The other thing is many of these AR grips may or may not have holes in the bottom of them. Another issue is the base of the grip will not be parallel with the ground/bench, which makes using a field bag under the bottom of the grip more challenging for prone or bench shooting

That will be a sweet rig for deer and Antelope.
What glass are you going with Ernie?

JD338
Agreed.
By May of 2023 it will likely have a Burris XTR-II 3-15 W/SCR MOA reticle, as it will be also used as another Loaner Pistol for WY-SHOT.
I am waiting on three different Burris scopes to arrive (Two XTR-III's and one XTR-II), so I will put a Leupold of some type or a Sightron S-TAC 3-16x42 - MOA-3 on it.
Thinking I will use it for Antelope this year, with factory Hornady 108 ELD-M's

Man, I am a little jealous. I have eyeballed them since they have come out. Have wanted one in a 7-08 forever!
Once I knew the trigger had been updated, and I found a 8T 6 Creed...CC # and away we go.
Just mounted a Leupold VX5-Hd on it, but the rings I had are Medium, and I need low, but it will still work.
Probably going to my lope specialty pistol this year with 108 ELD-M's.
Self-Timing brake should be in soon too...It is one of Nosler's (Probably someone elses OEM) now instead of the Harrell. The difference between a good solid bottomed brake, and a great one doesn't show that much with this cartridge.

You otta get that 7-08 ⚡
😇 Just saying...

Back